Inside Sales Manager
Fuller FoodsApply for this Job
Late February 2018
Portland, Oregon preferred. Remote work OK if qualifications and cultural fit are highly compatible.
Serious Cheesy Puffs by Fuller Foods is the only super wholesome, non-GMO, absurdly long puffs made with seriously clean ingredients (no maltodextrin, preservatives, colorants, yeast, or “natural” flavors), such as Bob’s Red Mill corn and 100% real cheese. We are a fast-growing startup and looking to shake up the snack category beyond just cheesy puffs and there will be plenty of opportunities for future growth within.
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for a go-to market strategy that will increase customer loyalty, distribution growth, and company profitability by continuing and building new relationships with retailers, distributors, and brokers. This includes prospecting, establishing, fostering, and maintaining relationships through phone, face to face, and CRM. The Inside Sales Manager also will actively manage bottom-up planning with each key account on an annual basis and set quarterly and annual objectives. Ninety percent of the job is behind a desk, with the remainder for tradeshows – Fancy Food, Expo West/East, and distributor shows.
Company culture is chill, but also ambitious and proactive, with a cheesy sense of humor (we sell cheesy puffs, after all). You will be expected to wear many hats.
- Execute short and long-term sales objectives and strategies for market
- Call on Key Accounts, distributors, and brokers in the area to ensure distribution, ordering, programming, brand familiarity, and proper visibility
- Develop and maintain sales contact with all major customers and new prospects
- Maintain and expand existing distribution and volume sales
- Schedule and conduct distributor team meetings to inform and educate sales representatives of brand standards to optimize sales performance
- Maintain accurate CRM records
- Highly personable and ability to establish rapport and a good sense of
- A roll-up the sleeves, entrepreneurial, can-do attitude
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Comfort working in small organizations, working with ambiguity, and wearing many hats
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to analyze and think strategically
- Independent worker with great collaboration skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 -8 years of work experience in packaged food industry either in retail, distribution, broker, or brand level or relevant experience
- Expertise with CRM and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and data tools (SPINS, Nielsen, Retailer Portal) a plus
- Previous experience launching new product through distributors
- Experience in managing and motivating brokers and distributors
- Comfortable with Distributor Management (promotions, paperwork, deductions etc.)
- Travel 4-6 times per year for tradeshows
- Salary, plus commission, DOE market competitive
- Healthcare, including dental
- 10 days PTO
No calls please.