Sales Representative - Austin/Central Texas
Real Ale Brewing CoApply for this Job
Real Ale Brewing Co. is an established award-winning Texas (only!) brewery seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic beer professional. The ideal candidate will have previous sales experience, outstanding relationship building skills, knowledge of craft beer, and be both business and customer minded. In addition, this job requires the ability to problem solve on the fly, as well as follow through on commitments to our customers, distributor, and fans alike. Candidates should also have knowledge of the Austin beer market.
The Sales Representative’s responsibility is to support the brewery and our distributor by growing sales, establishing and maintaining relationships in the on/off premise market, and being a brand ambassador for Real Ale Brewing Co. It is also the responsibility of the Sales Representative to manage an assigned territory, execute promotions and support the initiatives and objectives of the brewery’s brand strategy.
After reading more about this position, if you think this is the job for you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please send a cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements to email@example.com
This position reports to the Austin District Manager, and is based in Austin, TX.
- Increase sales within designated market territory
- Secure new tap placements within on-premise market
- Assist distributor with the sales and marketing of all Real Ale products primarily in the ATX and Central Texas market(s), as well as other markets in the state as needed
- Maintain consistent market visitation schedule among all assigned territories; work quarterly target account list and visitation schedule including chain and independent on/off-premise accounts
- Schedule and attend on/off-premise tastings, promotions and special events
- Create and maintain a professional business relationship with distributor’s Sales Manager(s), Sales Rep Team and Operations Staff
- Establish schedule for and perform market audits for all accounts to ensure product freshness
- Collect sales data and set goals and agenda(s) for quarterly distributor meetings
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends in the ATX, Central Texas market(s)
- Responsible for an expense account for promotional and relationship development purposes
- Provide weekly market summary reports to management
- Increase the number of on/off-premise accounts via cold calls
- Manage personal point of sale (POS) inventory within distributor warehouse and facilitate support when necessary
- Preserve and develop the Real Ale brand
- Maintain new accounts and ensure that they will develop into long-term partners
- Develop knowledge of beer styles and competitors in the market place
- Increase distribution, displays, on/off-premise features and promotions, staff trainings, beer dinners and POS placements
- Schedule, organize and attend Community Support Events in order to promote Real Ale
- Perform monthly market ride along(s) with distributor Sales Rep Team, when applicable
- Monitor product inventory levels within distributor warehouse and facilitate support when necessary
- Develop and analyze reports via VIP software to set and monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual market objectives
- Maintain professional image and demeanor at all times
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Presentation skills including the ability to conduct creative and informative presentations
- Excellent business analytic skills
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Time management skills
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must hold a valid driver’s license without any alcohol related offenses
- Must be able to drive long distances regularly, in your own vehicle
- Flexible schedule, must be able to work outside of regular business hours, including nights and weekends
- Occasional lifting of up to 45 lbs.
- Must maintain current TABC Server certification
- Must provide space to function as a home office
Paid Time Off • Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance • Employer paid Long-term Disability insurance • Simple IRA with Employer Matching • Voluntary Short-Term Disability insurance • Voluntary Additional Life insurance • and, of course, Beer and a beautiful Hill Country setting!