Yazoo Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Yazoo Sales Director
Our company is looking for a motivated, results-driven Sales Director to lead our sales team. The successful candidate will understand what motivates customers to buy and will know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way. The Sales Director will be responsible for leading an experienced team of sales representatives, and adding new representatives as justified by the market demands and company growth strategy. The Sales Director’s ultimate responsibility is to plan and implement the sales strategy for the company, including:
- Analyzing all sales data to plan Yazoo’s sales strategy to meet the company’s goals for growth and market share, including data from sources such as internal sales data, distributor depletion reports, VIP data, IRI/Nielsen scan reports, and industry reports.
- Using the planned strategy and goals, develop the tactics to achieve them, and the key performance indicators to track.
- Developing sales goals and tactics for each sales team member and territory, and working with the team and our distributors to accomplish those goals.
- Reviewing and coaching each sales team member on his or her performance towards achieving the territory and company goals.
- Managing distributor relationships, including preparing annual business plans for each distributor, with overall goals, incentives, promotions, and brand education.
- Managing chain retail account relationships
- Analyze sales data for each retail chain account
- Present new items for annual/ semiannual planogram resets at chains such as Kroger, Publix, Whole Foods, Costco, and Walmart
- Develop and implement chain advertising, promotions, and seasonal displays
- Managing key on-premise accounts, including large multi-location accounts, in conjunction with the sales team member for each location
Sales Director Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- 5+ years of business-to-business sales experience, including use of mixed channels to market
- 2+ years in sales leadership position with proven people leadership skills
- Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry will be a plus
- Excellent negotiating skills and decision-making abilities
- Track record of superior performance against agreed goals and key performance indicators
- Familiarity with VIP a plus
- Able to travel as required
If you’d like the opportunity to build a sales team around a strong brand, a loyal local following, and a diverse portfolio of award-winning beers, then we’d like to talk to you. Please email email@example.com, and include your cover letter and resume.
About Yazoo Brewing:
Yazoo Brewing started 15 years ago with a small brewpub system, in an old car factory in Nashville, TN. From the days of brewing three small batches a day, delivering beer in an old pickup truck, and developing a love/ hate relationship with our four-head Meheen filler, we’ve grown to a regional brewery distributing around 24,000 barrels in mainly TN and MS. In recent years we have added to our lineup of traditional ales and lagers with our Embrace the Funk series of wild and sour ales, produced at a secondary location in Nashville. We are proud to be family-owned, operated, and centered.