Market Manager -Santa Barbara CA .
Figueroa Mountain Brewing CoApply for this Job
You Might Just be the One!
Have you often been talking to someone about your favorite beer, meal or brewery and thought, "Wow, someone should really pay me to do this!"? Are you fun to be around and even a little quirky? Do you thrive in a competitive environment? Then you may be our type of person!
Award winning home town Craft Brewery in need of a topnotch Market Manager for our Santa Barbara territory. You are already based in the Santa Barbara, Ca area, have experience in beverage sales and working with distributors. You have a passion for Craft Beer and know how to share that with decision makers and influencers. You are known for building relationships, establishing and cultivating strong distributor networks as well as dreaming up and executing fun and successful beer fests, special events and promotions. You do what it takes to make it happen, even in the most challenging of markets.
The Market Manager is responsible for the sale of Figueroa Mountain Brewery’s products in a specified region and provides ongoing support to distribution partners, street reps and team leaders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Execute at least 130 customer calls per month including tastings, with buyers at on and off-premise accounts
- Set up and execute events (i.e., tap takeovers, pint nights, beer dinners, etc.)
- Stay in regular contact with distribution partners, street reps, and team leaders
- Monitor and manage inventory and code dates in distribution warehouse and out in the field
- Participate in weekly sales calls
- Daily updates of all activities using Lilypad
- Drive business in assigned markets and increase our market share
- Track execution on all sales programs, including surveying of stores for display and distribution execution.
- Analyze, articulate and strategize sales trends in your market.
- Create and maintain profiles for all accounts.
- Create plans and document all activities at accounts for distributor follow up and recaps
- Comply with all company policies, practices, procedures and controls applicable to your position.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations with regards to alcohol consumption and other matters. Understand ABC laws and abide by them at all times.
- All other duties as assigned
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
The Market Managers work from a home office, though he or she is expected to spend most of their day on client visits. As such a significant percentage of the day will be spent in the car, walking or standing. The Market Manager may be spending time in temperature-controlled warehouses, retail stores, restaurants or outdoor events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move cases of beer up to 25 pounds and 50-pound kegs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires daily car travel to client locations within the prescribed territory. Occasional travel is outside the local area and overnight stays may occasionally be required.
- Two years of proven results-oriented sales experience; industry experience preferred.
- High school diploma Required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive daily
- Must be able to work independently without day to day hands on supervision, highly motivated self- starter who is organized, detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
Please note, this position covers the Santa Barbara Ca market.
Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org