Area Sales Manager SoCal
4505 MeatsApply for this Job
Job Description: Area Sales Manager - SoCal
4505 Meats is a local San Francisco company dedicated to food sustainability, a natural & healthy supply chain, and bringing our delicious snacks to people everywhere! Our flagship product is a natural and artisanal chicharron (pork rind), that we sell in grocery stores and elsewhere. We partner with small farmers and ranchers to produce the highest quality products from animals raised humanely, and never treated with hormones or antibiotics. Our company culture is characterized by passion and hard work, and we are looking to grow our team.
We are seeking an Area Sales Manager to work closely with our leadership to grow sales velocity within the Southern California region. This position will focus on current account growth, as well as adding and managing new accounts. We’re looking for a tenacious sales professional with experience in CPG, the natural channel, or paleo and cross fit communities, in addition to excellent organizational skills and a desire to grow with our company.
- Drive to accounts to have face to face interactions with key customers, and make an impact on sales store by store.
- Sell additional space/inventory, as well as merchandising solutions to increase account velocity.
- Conduct follow up and close deals with phone and email.
- In addition to mainstream accounts, also responsible for growing sales in emerging and non-traditional channels in Southern California.
- Identify and prioritize new potential accounts and build relationships with key decision makers to drive placement.
- Manage all sales expenses and budgets for region.
- Participate in trade shows and sales events .
- Hard-working, self motivated, ambitious
- Road warrior
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in consumer product goods, preferably in natural or grocery channel.
- Microsoft Office proficient with a heavy emphasis on Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically with strong analytical skills and attention to detail, and a get it done attitude
- A love of our product and ability to be its evangelist in the field and a passion for natural and sustainable products
- Knowledge or experience with paleo lifestyle or communities a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Must be able to safely lift 40+ pounds and stand for up to 8 hours at a time
- Valid Drivers License
4505 Meats is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please respond to this posting with your resume.