Area Sales Manager - Arizona/Nevada
Odell Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
ABOUT ODELL BREWING
Since 1989, the culture of family and collaboration has thrived, fostering a brewery full of beer-centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires Odell Brewing to create quality, hand-crafted and innovative brews. Odell Brewing is committed to providing exceptional service to its customers while making positive contributions to their co-workers and community through its outreach and charitable giving programs. Odell Brewing is the 28th largest craft brewery in the United States, and recently sold the majority of the company to its co-workers (now co-owners) in a combined management buyout and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible to build and maintain the Odell brand culture through consistent sales efforts in the AZ/NV region. This position will be focused on leading Field Sales Representatives (FSR) to achieve volume, revenue, and sales results through Point of Distribution (POD) goals while working closely with our distributor partners.
- Assist Regional Manager in developing Annual Business Plan for wholesalers in defined territory.
- Work closely with wholesale partners on volume goals as set forth by ABP, executes plan to achieve POD goals. Brewery initiatives, & assists with Distributor monthly business objectives (MBO’s) etc.
- Assist Regional Manager in managing marketing spends v. budget and conduct monthly Point of Sale (POS) review and orders.
- Educates Distributors, retailers, and consumers within defined territory. Presentations to be conducted with Distributors quarterly, manages Distributor Work With frequency 1 per week.
- Forecast seasonal brand execution and results tracking. Reviews inventory and assists w/orders & Distributor inventory
- Execute 1 On premise & 1 Off premise event per week, including but not limited to samplings/handsell, staff educations & server incentives, & tastings/promotions.
- Conduct 20 - 40 account visits per week in assigned territory.
- Implement sales & marketing programs with wholesalers & retailers in defined territory.
- Coordinate, negotiate, and attends events including Sponsorships & Brewfests affiliated with OBC.
- Comply with all OBC co. policies & procedures ensuring all activities are conducted in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Communicates weekly Initiatives to West Regional group. Conducts weekly market recaps to Distributor. Executes commitment follow up & maintains account relationships.
Sales and Distribution
- Partners with Regional Manager to oversee all sales efforts in the assigned territory, including, but not limited to: annual planning, forecasting, promotional calendars, and distributor spending.
- Develops, manages, and maintains distributor partner relationships within assigned territory.
- Executes programs throughout all premise channels.
- Analyzes and develops sales opportunities and game plans utilizing VIP and Armadillo.
- Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the distributor management and sales teams.
- Monitors distributor partner inventories and orders.
- Stays current in each state’s liquor license codes and regulations.
- Acts professionally and avoids unethical sales tactics, including, but not limited to: free goods and cash for distribution.
- Maintains TIPS certification as defined by your home state regulations.
- Ensures sales reps in assigned territory are entering data into KARMA notes on a daily basis.
- Publish a Personal Weekly Plan and Recap to Regional Sales Managers, Director of Sales, and Chief Sales and Marketing Officer.
- Reviews FSR market activity through Weekly Plan and KARMA notes.
- Market Frequency
- 1- 2 FSR Work With
- 1 General Sales Meeting (GSM) presentations conducted by FSR
- 3rd of each month Ensures monthly credit card statements from FSR are submitted to Accounting department.
Customer Service/Communications Standards
- Respectfully responds to voicemails, emails, and customer concerns in a timely manner (within 24 hours), both internally and externally.
- Treats all employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Annual engagement in Top 10 Account performance assessments.
- Maintains high level of communication with Regional, Director of Sales and all departments, both written and verbal.
- Participates on internal OBC committee and seeks out additional responsibilities.
- Actively pursues charitable opportunities that fulfill OBC guideline’s in assigned territory and executes awareness through Outreach.
- At least 2 years sales experience in the beer industry.
- One or more years working with a distributor is preferred.
- Strong understanding of retailer relationships, 3- tier system, & marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal & leadership skills including written & verbal presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to represent Odell Brewing in a positive and professional manner.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Gmail; Karma; and iDig/VIP.
- Must reside in or around the Phoenix, AZ area and maintain the flexibility to travel throughout the sales territory; including monthly to Las Vegas and quarterly to CO or as needed.
- Ability to work late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed to support sales activities.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Valid state driver’s license in good standing is required.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan participation
- 401(k) with brewery match
- Profit Sharing
- Health/Dental/Vision/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off – 14 days first two years, increasing with years of service
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly beer allotment
Qualified and interested individuals, please submit your completed application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AZ/NV Sales Rep” in the subject line.
If you think you are the person we are looking for, we cannot wait to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer – Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.