Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kronik Energy sells well

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by deepnenergy:
    The last place I want my energy drink is in McClanes, or any other distributor of the like. The only reson , IMO , to have your drink in McClanes is in extreme rural areas where conventional distributing would be too costly or ineffecient. [/qb]
    Well Greg, I'm Disappointed to hear that opinion from you. You seem like a smart man and i thought you would know that WSD is a great place to start independent brands. you sell into them at 28.50 instead of 24 they take a 1.72% WHF and you get to play with the dollars. Circle K, Speedway, 7/11, flying J, H E double hockey sticks, all of them order out of McClaines or Cor-Mark. and you can create CMA's for major chains and still make 23.50 after Bill backs. so you might have to work selling to chains? Big deal,I closed 4 chains in a hour at the McClaines show. Also as you pick up DSD you can close that area for the distributor to take over and still hold the other territories. I may not like the owner of Kronik but the man is one of if not the top independent brands out there and AcNielsen shows it. even if it may be one the bottom in a 7/11 FA, it's there unlike a lot of people. Even those that are so bold to share their opinion to meet a negative impact. [/QB][/QUOTE]

    We all go to market differently. I didn't say it was a bad idea for you or anyone else, I just said I wouldn't want my drink in that distribution channel. My resaoning is this. I feel that McClanes, Coremark, Hackney, etc are order takers. They are not Salesmen. They go into a store scan a bar code to check par levels and then order as needed. I would rather have a salesman in the store providing service and selling my drink in for greater volume and value to the merchant. Furthermore, a salesman or merchandiser will have a greater knowledge of the brand and its benefits. They will also have a greater desire to insure that it is in the correct spot on the shelf as well as stocked correctly. A salesman will protect his "real estate" better than a General Distributor will and do what it takes to make sure his brand is getting the space it deserves.
    My opinion only so don't take this as a slam against your ideas, but its not all about money. A relationship is part of Brand Building. The retailer appreciates seeing the same guy in his store week after week taking care of his business, and by his business I mean the retailers. The Coremark or whoever guy will order it, kick it, roll it and drop it. Thats about it. He is no more loyal and dedicated to my brand as joe schmo off the street. Sure you make a few more bucks off the case but are you getting the volume that really drives your economic engine?
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

    Comment


    • #17
      Not to be overly critical but the company name is McLane Distribution not McClanes. They like any Convenience Wholesaler are a difficult vehicle to distribute a beverage. There are several reasons to name a few. It is a high Weight Hi Cube low cost item compared to a carton of Marlboro or Winston, which is 90% of what these wholesalers sell. Their sales force sells what ever is on deal in their monthly flyer and then only if they are getting a "SPIFF" If you offer a deal to a retailer say a 7-11 and ask that he reduce the retail to get the discount he typically takes the discount and does not reduce the retail. If you offer free goods you give him the goods and he pockets the extra cash. Once is deal inventory is sold through, he buys the next brand that is on deal. There is NO ONE to manage Shelf Space, displays, rotate product etc. The future of ED's is DSD if you can't team up with a big 3 soda or beer wholesaler, bite the bullet, buy a truck and do it your self.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by deepnenergy:
        no Greg,
        It sells well, I know because I worked for them and have seen it first hand (the owner is the one I was telling you about in the PM) it does do well in most of the southern part of the US and very well in Circle K at a UPS it ranks 3rd to 5th in most areas. Bevnet gave the new one 4 stars + I really don't want to boost the product but I can not lie even though I can't stand the owner and your right, this would be the second ED he sold with drug slang since 2001.
        In this market, Kronik ranked #10 in energy drink sales - in Circle K accounts. Not too shabby, but not quite a #3-#5 ranked item either. The creator of Kronik used to work for Circle K as their non carb category manager in Arizona. I guess when he saw the energy boom he decided to jump on board.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by deepnenergy:
          no Greg,
          It sells well, I know because I worked for them and have seen it first hand (the owner is the one I was telling you about in the PM) it does do well in most of the southern part of the US and very well in Circle K at a UPS it ranks 3rd to 5th in most areas. Bevnet gave the new one 4 stars + I really don't want to boost the product but I can not lie even though I can't stand the owner and your right, this would be the second ED he sold with drug slang since 2001.
          In this market, Kronik ranked #10 in energy drink sales - in Circle K accounts. Not too shabby, but not quite a #3-#5 ranked item either. The creator of Kronik used to work for Circle K as their non carb category manager in Arizona. I guess when he saw the energy boom he decided to jump on board. </font>[/QUOTE]He did not creat the drink that was choice first distribution the same guy that put out Liquid X in 2000. That guy came over a year after the owner replaced one of the top selling drinks selling in AZ along with RB & RS before Monster, with Kronik in late 2002. The Circle K guy just helped then came over later.
          CJ <br />Business relations

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by NRGSLLR@:
            Not to be overly critical but the company name is McLane Distribution not McClanes. They like any Convenience Wholesaler are a difficult vehicle to distribute a beverage. There are several reasons to name a few. It is a high Weight Hi Cube low cost item compared to a carton of Marlboro or Winston, which is 90% of what these wholesalers sell. Their sales force sells what ever is on deal in their monthly flyer and then only if they are getting a "SPIFF" If you offer a deal to a retailer say a 7-11 and ask that he reduce the retail to get the discount he typically takes the discount and does not reduce the retail. If you offer free goods you give him the goods and he pockets the extra cash. Once is deal inventory is sold through, he buys the next brand that is on deal. There is NO ONE to manage Shelf Space, displays, rotate product etc. The future of ED's is DSD if you can't team up with a big 3 soda or beer wholesaler, bite the bullet, buy a truck and do it your self.
            well, that's were CMA's come in retailer don't hold his end breaks the agreement. its all about work ppl we have to be there WHD or DSD it don't matter your beverage will die if you are not there red bull was and is still there, monster is their from the start. Rock Star started a little slow but was there and is really there now. Kronik is there, take a look. BUT they need to stay there if you slow down to will get ran over. Its all work, has to be , we must, work the market. most drinks that i have seen in DSD a lot I changed out can for can and replaced be cause the support stops at the DSD level. SEND in a truck and watch the money roll in.....NOT!!!

            YOU MUST WORK TO BUILD A BEVERAGE BRAND OR I WILL COME ALONG AND REPLACE YOU WHEN THE TIME COMES.....and yes your right it is McLane
            CJ <br />Business relations

            Comment


            • #21
              OK, wait let me clear the air. I know DSD is the best way to go over all. Yes they police the product, make sure its rotated, faced (store should do this too), and have sales people they call on stores each week but that is great for the mom & pops and in most areas their the strongest c-stores, BUT the chains work off a computer operated tracking that orders automatically from the warehouse which orders from McLane or cormark space is protected through schematics in the chains through CMAs and if you are moved its because your not building the brand and not selling. Every chain has their way of doing things but most majors work off this kind of system. starting like that in areas that are mostly chain is a good idea because it gives you more margin to play with for the chains and chains do have employees that stock 2 per shift. but Again I will say that DSD is the best way over all.
              CJ <br />Business relations

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by greg:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by deepnenergy:
                also if it were a marketing thing this guy was doing he would be pushing their new one, not one that every skateboarder and their mom's drink already.
                Oh Yeah....Moms out getting some "Kronik"...TAB maybe, but not Kronik. Do you think that subaurban Moms are idiots? They know what Kronik means and they wouldn't be caught dead letting their friend see them drinking one of those things. </font>[/QUOTE]Greg, I do know a lot of people (socer moms,skateboard moms, and moms that work their tail off that lov the drink and don't even think there is a reference the word chronic is used to describe relentlessness like Cancer, a marathon runner, a football player, a cool car in LA, even heard on pimp my ride, from sports announcers and even kids say it but not aways about drugs. even when i did do stuff as a teenager and the doctor said my dad had chronic illness I didn't thank about drugs I thought it was a very strong illness that will not stop and would soon take my dad's life; kind of like the way Mike Mcneil feels about his ED. Turn over the can and see for your self it is unrelenting. I hate that I have to defend this guy but it seems that most just don't really know and assume their opinion which is the lowest form of knowledge. plus it's spelled "Chronic" not Kronik.
                CJ <br />Business relations

                Comment


                • #23
                  McLane here I come..... I should be top 5 no problem !!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by deepnenergy:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by greg:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by deepnenergy:
                    also if it were a marketing thing this guy was doing he would be pushing their new one, not one that every skateboarder and their mom's drink already.
                    Oh Yeah....Moms out getting some "Kronik"...TAB maybe, but not Kronik. Do you think that subaurban Moms are idiots? They know what Kronik means and they wouldn't be caught dead letting their friend see them drinking one of those things. </font>[/QUOTE]Greg, I do know a lot of people (socer moms,skateboard moms, and moms that work their tail off that lov the drink and don't even think there is a reference the word chronic is used to describe relentlessness like Cancer, a marathon runner, a football player, a cool car in LA, even heard on pimp my ride, from sports announcers and even kids say it but not aways about drugs. even when i did do stuff as a teenager and the doctor said my dad had chronic illness I didn't thank about drugs I thought it was a very strong illness that will not stop and would soon take my dad's life; kind of like the way Mike Mcneil feels about his ED. Turn over the can and see for your self it is unrelenting. I hate that I have to defend this guy but it seems that most just don't really know and assume their opinion which is the lowest form of knowledge. plus it's spelled "Chronic" not Kronik. </font>[/QUOTE]Why do you want to try and Play me like that. You are arguing semantics on this just like NRGSLLR did with Mclanes/McClane Distribution, we all knew what we were talking about.
                    Check this out. http://www.kronikenergy.com/

                    Forget the "Ch"-Its spelled with a "K" And don't give me that crap about being extreme or "very Strong" we all know what the name connotes and why it was named Kronik. MArketing, marketing, Marketing!

                    What is this stuff about opinions being the lowest form of Knowledge? Knowledge is garnered through study and experience and it is reflected as opinion and practice.

                    [ 12-22-2006, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: greg ]
                    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
                      McLane here I come..... I should be top 5 no problem !!!
                      I wanted to say something but I like to be positive. But all jokes aside. can I find your ED in AZ? If not how far do i need to fly to get to it. I just would like to taste yours so i can know why you can be sold bold to through comments out that reflects negative Carma.
                      CJ <br />Business relations

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I will try to THROW good KARMA from now on.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by deepnenergy:
                          well, that's were CMA's come in retailer don't hold his end breaks the agreement. its all about work ppl we have to be there WHD or DSD it don't matter your beverage will die if you are not there red bull was and is still there, monster is their from the start. Rock Star started a little slow but was there and is really there now. Kronik is there, take a look. BUT they need to stay there if you slow down to will get ran over. Its all work, has to be , we must, work the market. most drinks that i have seen in DSD a lot I changed out can for can and replaced be cause the support stops at the DSD level. SEND in a truck and watch the money roll in.....NOT!!!

                          YOU MUST WORK TO BUILD A BEVERAGE BRAND OR I WILL COME ALONG AND REPLACE YOU WHEN THE TIME COMES.....and yes your right it is McLane
                          CMA's rarely mean anything to the delivery guy deliverying his own Brand. I doubt the delivery guy for McLane even knows what a CMA agreement is. And I also doubt that Mclane cares that much either.
                          Salesman get paid for knowing things like their positions and volume hurdles in CMA's.
                          Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by greg:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by deepnenergy:
                            well, that's were CMA's come in retailer don't hold his end breaks the agreement. its all about work ppl we have to be there WHD or DSD it don't matter your beverage will die if you are not there red bull was and is still there, monster is their from the start. Rock Star started a little slow but was there and is really there now. Kronik is there, take a look. BUT they need to stay there if you slow down to will get ran over. Its all work, has to be , we must, work the market. most drinks that i have seen in DSD a lot I changed out can for can and replaced be cause the support stops at the DSD level. SEND in a truck and watch the money roll in.....NOT!!!

                            YOU MUST WORK TO BUILD A BEVERAGE BRAND OR I WILL COME ALONG AND REPLACE YOU WHEN THE TIME COMES.....and yes your right it is McLane
                            CMA's rarely mean anything to the delivery guy delivering his own Brand. I doubt the delivery guy for McLane even knows what a CMA agreement is. And I also doubt that Mclane cares that much either.
                            Salesman get paid for knowing things like their positions and volume hurdles in CMA's.
                            </font>[/QUOTE]Greg,
                            see that were You come in, what your telling me is you sell into DSD and do nothing??? Hope not.... you are so right Mclane don't know. see bill backs come direct to you from the chain their system orders through a server that is linked to cormark and mclane remember their merc dealers not DSD so its all auto. Who cares about the delivery driver, that reminds me of this guy that use to bring up "how the trucks get to the c-store as if should be a factor to the DSD taking the product), dude don't be silly.

                            Again we must go back and say we must work or we will not eat.....
                            CJ <br />Business relations

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
                              I will try to THROW good KARMA from now on.
                              it dont matter how you spell it, you want it on your side. Thank you...

                              So when you were doing you Ed what were you looking for SomPoosie?
                              CJ <br />Business relations

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                sorry, TYPO----- What were you looking for in SomPoosie?
                                CJ <br />Business relations

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X