Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does it start to get DANGEROUS(CAFFEINE)4 A average healthy person w ActiveLife.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When does it start to get DANGEROUS(CAFFEINE)4 A average healthy person w ActiveLife.

    **Does anyone know if there is age & weight class for caffeine intake ?

    This definitely need to be addressed, i know there is a program soon to be put in place so that every new ed comes out needs to put on there label (the amount of caffeine per serving) ?

    **The amount of work load for these young adults & lets not forget adults ages 15-35 is absolutely ludicrous so what do they do ...turn to the quicker picker upper of 2007 ( " extreme caffeine " ) ed's with 300mg-600mg or 80mg-100mg ! 1-5 a day !! I am overwhelmed by it, how about you ?

    Do they realize also the amount of total sugar they are taking in !

    My question is WHEN DOES IT START TO GET DANGEROUS (CAFFEINE) for A AVERAGE HEALTHY PERSON with a active lifestyle ?



    CLMAX
    L

  • #2
    I think an "average" energy drink consumed daily is dangerous. I used to do it, and every morning my resting heart rate would be mid 80's or even up to 90. All the "energy" affects your sympathetic NS and affects the brain in a way where the heart rate is constantly high. This increased heart rate and pounding is not good constantly and can lead to stretching and weakening of the myocardium. I love energy drinks and I only use them when i need a good pick me up, not every day and for just any ole reason. I'm no doctor, but too much of anything is not good for you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SkipWankman View Post
      I think an "average" energy drink consumed daily is dangerous. I used to do it, and every morning my resting heart rate would be mid 80's or even up to 90. All the "energy" affects your sympathetic NS and affects the brain in a way where the heart rate is constantly high. This increased heart rate and pounding is not good constantly and can lead to stretching and weakening of the myocardium. I love energy drinks and I only use them when i need a good pick me up, not every day and for just any ole reason. I'm no doctor, but too much of anything is not good for you.
      So I guess since the increase heart beat is bad for the myocardium(muscle tissues of the heart) I should stop exercising.

      Daily use of an "average" energy drink will do nothing more than create excess fat storage if calorie input are higher than calorie output.
      Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by climaxenergydrink View Post
        **
        This definitely need to be addressed, i know there is a program soon to be put in place so that every new ed comes out needs to put on there label (the amount of caffeine per serving) ?

        **The amount of work load for these young adults & lets not forget adults ages 15-35 is absolutely ludicrous so what do they do ...turn to the quicker picker upper of 2007 ( " extreme caffeine " ) ed's with 300mg-600mg or 80mg-100mg ! 1-5 a day !! I am overwhelmed by it, how about you ?


        CLMAX
        L
        The actual requirement will affect all beverages or foods with non naturally occuring caffeine in them, not just ED's.
        Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

        Comment


        • #5
          Good !!

          greg that sounds good that will affect all !!

          But do you know how many milligrams of caffeine.. it takes before it does effect you ..where the body is beyond tolerance ? ie.. THE BODY IS WORKING ON OVERLOAD !!

          CLIMAX
          L

          Comment


          • #6
            i do agree but....

            Originally posted by SkipWankman View Post
            I think an "average" energy drink consumed daily is dangerous. I used to do it, and every morning my resting heart rate would be mid 80's or even up to 90. All the "energy" affects your sympathetic NS and affects the brain in a way where the heart rate is constantly high. This increased heart rate and pounding is not good constantly and can lead to stretching and weakening of the myocardium. I love energy drinks and I only use them when i need a good pick me up, not every day and for just any ole reason. I'm no doctor, but too much of anything is not good for you.
            I do see where you are coming from...BUT JUST LIKE YOU SAID 2 MUCH OF ANYTHING IS NOT GOOD...EVERYTIHNG IN MODERATION !! If we can only read this clearly and be able to follow through ..the world would be in a better place.. unfortunately ... things don't happen that way !! thats where ADDICTIONS...come into play in every facet of life and the ed market is no different !!!

            CLIMAX
            L

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by climaxenergydrink View Post
              greg that sounds good that will affect all !!

              But do you know how many milligrams of caffeine.. it takes before it does effect you ..where the body is beyond tolerance ? ie.. THE BODY IS WORKING ON OVERLOAD !!

              CLIMAX
              L
              That question has too many variables associated with it to provide a straight answer. Everyone is different. I may be able to drink 4 beers and be ok while others may only be able to drink 1 and they will be falling all over the place.
              Same goes for medicine. My grandfather, that lived in the out in the country, rarely took any medication for anything. When he had to go into the hospital for some pain problems they gave him straight tylenol and he hallucinated.
              Our individual endocrine system, metabolism, weight, frequency of use, etc will have an effect on the ability to tolerate X amount of mgs of caffeine.
              Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

              Comment


              • #8
                understandable...but...

                Originally posted by greg View Post
                That question has too many variables associated with it to provide a straight answer. Everyone is different. I may be able to drink 4 beers and be ok while others may only be able to drink 1 and they will be falling all over the place.
                Same goes for medicine. My grandfather, that lived in the out in the country, rarely took any medication for anything. When he had to go into the hospital for some pain problems they gave him straight tylenol and he hallucinated.
                Our individual endocrine system, metabolism, weight, frequency of use, etc will have an effect on the ability to tolerate X amount of mgs of caffeine.
                i do understand that !! but for a healthy individual with a active lifestyle !! is it 500mg or more or like you stress there are still too many variables far in between !! thanks for the feedback !!

                CLIMAX
                L

                Comment


                • #9
                  There will always be someone our some organization that will try and answer that question for you, but not me.
                  Of course I think 1g is too much but that doesn't mean that it can't be handled by others.We all have to figure out our own tolerances for just about everything we ingest.
                  g
                  Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There are a lot of answers coming out of the wood work about a lot of stuff, IMO, if someone puts stuff in there body that MAKES things happen like boosting you metabolism, or even to much antibiotics. It will cause the natural elements that makes one function to get lazy or just stop producing all together. Most of the time we would call the addiction or dependency and certain people know that but don't want to admit it....

                    I can see it now.......Hi I'm...... and I'm a addict, its been three months since my last RedLine....LOL, I just can't say it....all the love Greg, just messing with you.
                    CJ <br />Business relations

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      the average adult will consume 200mg of caffeine a day- it would appear that over the course of your lifetime- that amount is not dangerous- the medical studies are not conclusive but generally people who overconsume will feel the normal symptoms- such as increased anxiety, heart palpitations and inability to sleep- so the body sort of gives warnings
                      i always compared caffeine addiction to a car engine- the more you use it, the more you need it to start the engine- the only good advice is moderation and exercise- the more you exercise, the more your body can counter whatever affects caffeine may have

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thanks !!

                        Originally posted by greg View Post
                        There will always be someone our some organization that will try and answer that question for you, but not me.
                        Of course I think 1g is too much but that doesn't mean that it can't be handled by others.We all have to figure out our own tolerances for just about everything we ingest.
                        g

                        THANKS anyway !! i do appreciate it and 1000mg/1g is alot ... on my behalf !!

                        L

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cain View Post
                          the average adult will consume 200mg of caffeine a day- it would appear that over the course of your lifetime- that amount is not dangerous- the medical studies are not conclusive but generally people who overconsume will feel the normal symptoms- such as increased anxiety, heart palpitations and inability to sleep- so the body sort of gives warnings
                          i always compared caffeine addiction to a car engine- the more you use it, the more you need it to start the engine- the only good advice is moderation and exercise- the more you exercise, the more your body can counter whatever affects caffeine may have
                          Cain that is an interesting concept so to speak... i am wondering ? where is that research from ? 200mg a day ... is that actually for an average healthy & fit individual with an active lifestyle !!

                          thanks for the info !!

                          CLIMAX
                          Lenny

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            on the subject....

                            The funny thing about this topic and thread is so many people would like to know this information and it is so now MAINSTREAM because of the birth of the " extreme caffeine " category !!

                            I thank all of you very much for the info you have provided thus far !! anyone else would like to take a shot at it ... BE MY GUEST !!!

                            next up ... thread... what is your age & weight & lifestyle & how much caffeine do you consume daily in what products ?

                            CLIMAX
                            L

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by greg View Post
                              So I guess since the increase heart beat is bad for the myocardium(muscle tissues of the heart) I should stop exercising.

                              Daily use of an "average" energy drink will do nothing more than create excess fat storage if calorie input are higher than calorie output.
                              You don't exercise for over 5 hours a day. Caffeine can have lasting effects past your 1-2 hour workout. The heart is only supposed to pump hard when oxygen is needed to other tissues...*psst* that is why you have an increased heart rate when you workout because muscle and tissues and being depleted of O2. When you work out your heart is doing it for a reason, and eventually with lots of cardio workouts have a lower resting heart rate. That is the total opposite of what energy drinks do....at least for me and quite a few people i know that drink them constantly, have a higher resting heart rate when they started drinking them everyday.

                              Look i'm not bashing energy drinks, in fact I have one in my fridge chilling right now, but to say drinking them everyday doesn't have harmful effects is just being naive. I have a bachelor's in biology so I know a little bit about the human body and it's functions, not to say anyone else doesn't.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X