Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

favourite energy drink

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • favourite energy drink

    myne is bawls gurana
    then amp
    wat about yall

  • #2
    favorite

    I like Rip it citrus x sugar free. 99 cents at Walmart and a very nice orange flavor with a good kick.

    2nd choice would be joker juiced.

    I been drinking a lot of stacker 2 drinks which I got from biglots store for 50 cents each. Not the best but you can't beat the price.

    Drink I'm looking forward to the most is Java Monster. I'd say over all I've tried maybe 20 or so different drinks so far.
    banned

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not sure I'd consider Bawls a true energy drink - it's more like a soda pop with a lot of caffiene. It doesn't have any of the extra stuff you see in energy drinks, like vitamins, ginseng, taurine, etc. Because it doesn't have that extra stuff in it, I think Bawls tastes great. Same goes for Jolt Cola - another high caffiene soda pop.

      Now, Jolt Cherry Bomb has some of that extra stuff in it, but you can't tell by the taste, if I had to pick a "real" energy drink that one would probably be my favorite.
      Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Android View Post
        I'm not sure I'd consider Bawls a true energy drink - it's more like a soda pop with a lot of caffiene. It doesn't have any of the extra stuff you see in energy drinks, like vitamins, ginseng, taurine, etc. Because it doesn't have that extra stuff in it, I think Bawls tastes great. Same goes for Jolt Cola - another high caffiene soda pop.

        Now, Jolt Cherry Bomb has some of that extra stuff in it, but you can't tell by the taste, if I had to pick a "real" energy drink that one would probably be my favorite.
        So how do you define a "real " energy drink?

        Coffee gives many energy, hence the success of Starbucks, but most do not consider it an energy drink, although I do.
        Some consider Mtn Dew an Energy drink becuase it gives them energy, but it doesn't fit the Red Bull mold that many compare it to.
        Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

        Comment


        • #5
          Perhaps it's found in the difference between Nutrition Panel and Supplement facts on the can?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by greg View Post
            So how do you define a "real " energy drink?
            I was expecting someone else to make the comment I made, but no one did....

            It's not really me that's doing the defining here. I'm talking about the product category. Everything in the industry is so segmented these days. In the 80s, Pepsi was all excited when the original juice-added Slice sold well initially - because it was a "different" market segment. But did that pan out? Did they keep the juice-added formula? nope....... But I digress...

            Anyway, I think Red Bull single-handedly created the energy drink category as we know it today. Others have expanded the catagory sideways by offering larger cans. But what it is, is a somewhat-palatable liquid that has of carbs, caffiene plus vitamins and other stuff added to it. The main purpose is the mixture of the ingredients combining for increased energy and health. (yeah right)

            Bawls, and Mountain Dew don't fit that, although Amp does.

            Most of the "true" energy drinks I've tried, were ones I'd not care to drink again. (Jolt Cherry Bomb being an exception) Me, I'd rather take pills for those extra ingredients and wash them down with something that actually tastes good. Like say, Bawls!
            -Andy
            Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Android View Post
              I was expecting someone else to make the comment I made, but no one did....

              It's not really me that's doing the defining here. I'm talking about the product category. Everything in the industry is so segmented these days. In the 80s, Pepsi was all excited when the original juice-added Slice sold well initially - because it was a "different" market segment. But did that pan out? Did they keep the juice-added formula? nope....... But I digress...

              Anyway, I think Red Bull single-handedly created the energy drink category as we know it today. Others have expanded the catagory sideways by offering larger cans. But what it is, is a somewhat-palatable liquid that has of carbs, caffiene plus vitamins and other stuff added to it. The main purpose is the mixture of the ingredients combining for increased energy and health. (yeah right)

              Bawls, and Mountain Dew don't fit that, although Amp does.

              Most of the "true" energy drinks I've tried, were ones I'd not care to drink again. (Jolt Cherry Bomb being an exception) Me, I'd rather take pills for those extra ingredients and wash them down with something that actually tastes good. Like say, Bawls!
              -Andy

              I think no one answered because the question was directed at you. LOL.

              So by your own definition from above it now seems that Diet Coke PLus is an energy drink.
              As a side note the ED does not have to have carbs in it to provide you energy( see REDLINE ) Most ED's use sugar for the taste as well as the initial sugar high for energy.
              And another thing...whos to say it is not you doing the defining??? Isn't that the premise of RB's pseudo marketing campaign? "Let the Consumer decide what it is and isn't to them"
              Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

              Comment


              • #8
                and if bawls isnt a energy drink
                then howcome when u go to the c-store its always with the energy drinks and not the sodas

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by greg View Post
                  I think no one answered because the question was directed at you. LOL.
                  No,no I meant my original comment at the top.

                  If you added a bunch of extra caffiene to DC Plus then yeah, I'd call it an energy drink. Carbs/no carbs, yet another segment, or sub-segment. Whatever! A bunch of BS, but it means something to someone!

                  I LIKE bawls - and I drink it for the caffiene and because it tastes good. And I drink it because it doesn't have all that extra crap in it that makes a lot of energy drinks taste like they have chalk dust was mixed in. I guess I do consider it energy drink then, and maybe I shouldn't have made that comment above, but it's a comment I'd seen others make before, so was playing devil's advocate.
                  Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    thats aright

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bawlsguaranafan01 View Post
                      and if bawls isnt a energy drink
                      then howcome when u go to the c-store its always with the energy drinks and not the sodas
                      BAWLS is not an energy drink. I would say an energy drink has caffiene aswell as other supplements. BAWLS is not one because it does not have the additional supplements, it only has guarana (witch is just another form of caffeine). I've heard that BAWLS is only guarana flavored aswell. makes sense because both caffeine and guarana are listed on there, caffeine being the first of the two. I would guess that the reason it is with the energy drinks and not with the soda is because it has a lot more caffeine than a soda, and they don't want people to confuse it for one and by it for their kids.

                      And for my favorite energy drink, I would say NOS in a 22 oz. bottle. It's big, It's tasty, and has plenty of caffeine and lasts a long time. The other favorites of mine would be Jolt Cola and Blue.
                      Last edited by TheNOSDrinker; 06-01-2007, 06:43 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This website classifies it as an energy drink in its review. So, back to the original question. What's your favorite?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by xavian View Post
                          This website classifies it as an energy drink in its review. So, back to the original question. What's your favorite?
                          Well, the official BAWLS website classifies it as "a high caffeine soft drink made from the guarana berry." As quoted from the faq's on the website.

                          BAWLS

                          I've noticed the people here at BevNet try and dictate some stuff, and that alot of people accept it for true. Just because it's a major website doesn't mean that they are always right.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Monster Lo-Carb (watching my weight, plus it's a diet that doesn't suck)
                            Rockstar Juiced Guava
                            NOS (more for the extra caffeine than the taste)
                            Monster Khaos
                            Rockstar Juiced Pomegranate

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My favs

                              1. monster Assualt
                              2. Monster
                              3. Bawls
                              4. Rockstar
                              5. Cocaine

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X