Distribution and Brand Building in New York City
Trent Moffat of Gotham Brands discusses the New York market and how to build and distribute your brands within the city confines.
Table of Contents
- What makes New York an important market for a new beverage brand?
- What type of preparation does a brand have to have before entering the New York market?
- How should a food or beverage company approach a distributor partner that they want to work with in New York?
- What are distributors from New York looking for from food and beverage companies?
- What’s the difference between distribution in New York versus other major cities?
- What is up-and-down-the-street distribution?
- Is New York a good market to incubate a brand?
- How soon can my brand make a profit when launching in the New York market?
- What are retailers in New York looking for from a brand? Is it different than other markets?
- How is sampling handled in the New York market?
- Is it important to have a presence or sales person within New York if I’m looking to distribute my brand there?
- For brands to thrive in New York, what aspects should they aspire to have?
- What’s the biggest concern for a brand when releasing a food or beverage product that isn’t perfect?
- What is proof of concept?