District Sales Manager - New York
Boxed Water Is BetterApply for this Job
BOXED WATER IS BETTER is a fast growing beverage and a pioneer in environmentally friendly yet artistic products. Our mission is to be the category leader in sustainably packaged water by providing a great user experience, responsible manufacturing efforts, high design products and impactful messaging to deliver great tasting water. We believe in environmentally friendly, balanced living; in having fun while working hard; in learning, growing and giving back. We are looking for an exceptional individual who shares our vision and is up to the challenge of playing a critical role in building a new category and the next great beverage brand with the potential for significant personal and professional development.
The BOXED WATER IS BETTER District Sales Manager (DSM) will play an influential role within the BOXED WATER IS BETTER Sales Team. The DSM is responsible for managing the local DSD partnerships. The DSM will need to manage our DSD system at a local level by providing direction against the BOXED WATER IS BETTER sales goals and objectives. The candidate for this position will ideally be based in their geographic area. We are looking for someone in the Los Angeles, CA market.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
· Achieve and deliver annual plans for the region that reflect the agreed upon brand and customer strategies and support delivery of business goals
· Translates business strategy into clear and locally executable plans and focuses resources accordingly within their respective territory
· Establish and manage key customer relationships through joint business planning that strengthens and builds on the success of the BOXED WATER IS BETTER brand
· Understanding the dynamics of the respective territory in particular, and providing insight and direction to develop solutions that promote and build the BOXED WATER IS BETTER brand.
· Responsible for all distributor management decisions and relationships with guidance from the Vice President of Sales and/ or Regional Manager
· Build and develop the brand by opening new operator accounts on a daily/ weekly / monthly basis and developing existing distribution new customers
· Schedule, conduct, and participate in distributor routine meetings with distributor partners to educate, inform, and build capabilities on selling BOXED WATER IS BETTER
· Responsible for building sales presentations and reports to share both internally and with distributor partners that will provide an action-oriented response
· Support the execution and management of region budget, sales expense, T&E, and reporting
· Work closely with the Marketing to establish and implement successful marketing programs, campaigns, and materials to profitably increase BOXED WATER IS BETTER availability and points of distribution
· Scheduling, executing, and tracking all crew drives and sales rallies in respective territory
The ideal BOXED WATER IS BETTER District Sales Manager candidate will have an understanding of the brand’s artistic, environmentally friendly attributes, and also must be professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player, and possess a drive for results. They should have outgoing social energy, strong decision making and analytical skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think strategically and creatively, the ability to multi-task, a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves as needed, be self-motivated, and have a passion for the consumer and marketing.
Desired Background and Skills
· BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related major
· 4+ years of Sales and or Distributor Management ideally with a beverage company
· High Energy, positive personality
· Extremely organized, dependable, and self-motivated
· Able to work independently and ability to work well with people
· Strong computer skills – knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
· Strong analytical skills and ability to use reports and data to achieve goals and objectives
· Willingness to travel 20-30%
· Prior experience with the water category a plus
· A clean driving record & strong geographic knowledge of the respective territory is a must
· Must be able to lift cases of water up to 40lbs each