The Fermentorium Beverage Co.Apply for this Job
The Fermentorium Beverage Company in Cedarburg, WI is a year-old craft beer brewery and 2500 square foot tasting room that serves the craft beers made on site. If you love beer, and want to work in a fun, fast-paced environment with an opportunity to grow with a new business, we want to hear from you.
The Fermentorium is looking for an experienced and energetic candidate to serve as sales director and get involved with all aspects sales and marketing operations. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved with a brewery from the beginning and work in a collaborative environment to present and influence a brand new beer portfolio with no limits on experimental concepts. We have a custom built twenty barrel brewhouse built for flexibility of brewing styles. We focus on seasonal and limited release beers. We also have a ten gallon Sabco RIMS pilot system for recipe formulation and extremely limited beers for events such as beer dinners.
- Develop and execute business plan to strategically grow market share while maintaining our core values.
- Accurately forecast sales based on internal and external factors.
- Manage the sales team to obtain optimal results.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with our distributor and key retailers.
- Represent the company and brand at festivals, tap takeovers, beer dinners, tastings, and events in a professional manner.
- Conduct account-level meetings to build and improve relationships.
- Regularly visit accounts across the territory, cultivate new relationships and strengthen existing ones.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with other team members as well as taproom, distribution, marketing, brewery production staff, and leadership.
- Five years of sales experience in the beverage industry.
- Experience managing a sales team with a history of meeting or exceeding goals.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Exemplary verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings, weekends, and holidays).
- Proficiency operating a personal computer, mobile technology, printer, and copier.
- Self-starter with great work ethic and attention to detail.
- Honesty, professionalism, and comfort with public speaking
- Modest travel for distributor meetings and event representation.
- Understanding of beer styles and basic brewing processes.
- Willing and looking grow with a young brewery
Additional desired skills:
- PR / Social Marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to the position.
- Certified Beer Server or Certified Cicerone.
- Brewing/Homebrewing experience.
- Ability to lift 35-lb cases, travel by car (clean driving record is required) and plane, and work at night/on weekends
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Position reports directly to the President. Successful candidate will be representing our brand and we want you to embody all of the fun things we stand for, but maintain a professional image. Qualified candidates please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Resume and salary expectations
- Tell us why this position is a fit for you, and why you are a fit for us.
- What is your biggest strength and why is that an asset to our growing company?
- What would you like to learn most in the next 3-5 years?
- Tell us about your greatest sales success story.