Tasting Room / Restaurant Manager
Blake’s Hard Cider Co.Apply for this Job
Tasting Room / Restaurant Manager
POSITION: Tasting Room Manager
Blake’s Hard Cider Co. is looking for a Tasting Room Manager (TRM)! The TRM supervises and motivates the staff of the Room including cooks, servers and bartenders, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. Performs essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service, and maintains effective communication with senior management and customers. Responsible for the planning, staffing, and scheduling of all open hour periods, sales and creation of special activities to enhance business. This position requires that the TRM be responsible for the P&L of the Tasting Room and meets all financial and budgetary goals.
We’ve been growing good times and our own apples for over 70 years here at Blake’s. Our cider mill added a Tasting Room with a full kitchen in 2013 and we’ve never looked back! We are a high energy, success-driven team with a focus on making a positive impression on every single person that walks through our door. Check out our story and a few of our awesome videos at www.blakeshardcider.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the TRM, you are accountable for meeting the company’s sales and marketing goals for the Tasting Room as well as playing a key role in meeting the company wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals. Includes the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Plans and schedules staff coverage during hours of operation and ensures all employees comply with company customer contact standards
- Maintain a positive Tasting Room attitude and ensure that all employees under your supervision are aligned with the company goals
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals
- Develops, coordinates, and controls all sales and marketing activities of the Tasting Room to produce the targeted sales and profit goals of the Company
- Interacts with customers to guarantee their satisfaction with the Company’s products and service and to promote additional off-site sales.
- Be responsible for food and beverage pricing by analyzing and controlling cost of goods by menu item
- Promote and grow sales & special Room activities
- Achieve or exceed the budgeted sales and maintaining profitability
- Communicate effectively with the Owner/General Manager, and the Room Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that sales and customer objectives are met
- Coordinates sales and profit margins with accounting personnel
- Reviews all sales activity reports with key people weekly and attends all weekly management meetings
- Performance of all Tasting Room personnel including, but not limited to, personnel reporting to the position has been evaluated on or before the due dates
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate a tasting room / restaurant operation with ten or more employees in the operation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively run a similar establishment in an efficient manner
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business; Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry/trade magazines
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of food and drink costs and pricing
- Ability to deal effectively with customers in person and on the telephone.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Marketing and Sales
- Able to use Microsoft Office Applications - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Some weekend work will be required
A few other things we’re looking for:
You and your team are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission by maintaining a key component of the company’s revenue and profit sources. Because you are selling to current and new customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Keeps updated on the events in the industry and market place in order to take advantage of new trends.
- Have a passion for what you do and this lifestyle
- Are charismatic, friendly, and approachable
This position is a full time exempt position and offers:
- Salary & Profit Incentive Program
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Blue Care Network Healthcare Plan
- 401k Matching Program
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to HR@blakefarms.com. Please title your email “I Want To Work At Blake’s Tasting Room #BBTRM” and write a few sentences on why you think you’d be a good fit here at Blake’s Hard Cider!