Event Logistics & Sales Coordinator
NY-based Event Production CompanyApply for this Job
Description: In addition to the coordination of event logistics, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of varying marketing and public relations plans for consumer sampling events in the craft beverage industry. The right candidate for this position will be great at multi-tasking, have a strong organizational skills and the perseverance to accomplish responsibilities as they are assigned. The Event Logistics & Sales Coordinator will foster relationships with clients, vendors, and volunteers and may manage contract negotiations and sales.
This position reports to the Director of Event Production & Sales.
- Perform planning, implementation and follow-up for various events
- Manage all aspects of volunteer communication and database management including recruitment, confirmations, supervision and acknowledgment
- Coordinate event logistics and publicity including public relations, advertising, material design, production and print distribution
- Collaborate with the Director of Event Production & Sales in the development of local market tactics to drive event awareness and participation
- Cultivate and expand event databases
- Update marketing materials (including website, poster, promotional cards, etc.)
- Implement social media calendar and update social media sites as necessary for events
- Coordinate event logistics including event supply inventory, ordering, and packing
- Work with event contractors/vendors to maintain direct contact, coordinate contracts and provide accurate needs (i.e. hotel arrangements, “deal” arrangements, insurance, etc.)
- Conduct post-event evaluations and recommend improvements, and keep written record on file for future planning purposes
- Prepare and send timely communications such as “save the date,” “thank you,” etc.
- Direct event seminars including coordinating speakers, supplies and attendees
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing plans and materials
- Write and submit press releases and stories to the media, and follow-up to ensure placement
- Develop contacts and relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the company and its events, products and services in front of public and trade
- Responsible for article development for various e-newsletters
- Pack and unpack event truck as needed to and from events
- Warehouse inventory management
- Liaise between the local associations/organizations and Starfish Junction Productions as directed
- When appropriate, represent Starfish Junction at events (i.e. beer dinner, product showcase, etc.)
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- One year experience preferred in events, marketing, public relations, sales or similar field
- Evidence of strong work ethic and professionalism with experience in relationship/business development
- Graduation from a 4-year college/university is preferred. A 2-year degree with related work experience is required. Studies in communication, marketing and/or public relations are desirable.
- Commitment to work extended evenings and weekends with willingness to travel
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be:
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel and Word)
- Able to read, analyze and interpret documents such as contracts
- A creative and technical writer – able to write a business letter, article and press release
- Able to define problems and solve them to manage results in stressful situations
- Able to work without direct supervision and demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Energetic, enthusiastic, creative and forward-thinking with a positive attitude
- Savvy in social media
- A self-starter, inspired by ideas but team oriented, that is highly-motivated, results driven and takes initiative
- Strong communication skills – comfortable and competent in pitching business; able to build relationships; able to articulate ideas easily, capture others’ ideas and express self clearly
- Strong organizational skills – goal and deadline oriented
- Must be flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally lift and/or move between 25-45 pounds requiring some heavy lifting. Employee may help with set-up and breakdown of event including but not limited to tables and chairs. This position will require long periods of time standing/working on feet during event execution.
Work Environment: Employee must be comfortable in a small office environment. A normal work week consists of 40-45 hours, but may commonly require long hours including early morning or evening hours. Weekend hours are required at all Starfish Junction produced events and select Starfish Junction contracted events (including but not limited to events where employee may be representing Starfish Junction). Employee may be asked to attend events which are not produced by Starfish Junction to network and/or staff display table promoting upcoming events.
Hours & Compensation: Salaried full-time position. Compensation based on experience and qualifications. Opportunity for commission based on new business brought into the company. Benefits available after employee probationary period.