Harpoon BreweryApply for Job
The Cellar Operator is responsible for all aspects of cellar work, filtration and centrifuging of product as specified by Harpoon’s Standard Operating Procedure.
- Ability to perform all cellar operations:
- o Startup and shutdown of facility processes
- o CIP, CUP and sanitizing of fermenters and BB tanks, lines and yeast brinks
- o Performing gravity reads and dry hopping of fermenters and its documentation
- o Knowledge of yeast cell counts and pitching
- Daily operation of filtration equipment and procedures:
- o Maintain turbidity, CO2 and O2 levels within product specifications
- o Cleaning and sanitizing of filtration equipment and lines
- Monitoring of quality parameters and working to resolve issues promptly.
- Informing QA department of any issues and their resolution.
- Accurate daily record keeping and sampling of process and product.
- Maintain an orderly and safe work environment in department as well as entire facility
- Prep brewing systems for daily startup
- Participate in taste panel work as directed.
- Take direction from Senior Cellar Operator and Cellar Operator Manager
- Attend and participate constructively in meetings
- Contributing to positive work environment through open and constructive dialog.
- Contribute and be receptive to continual innovation and improvements
- Communicate issues and concerns as they arise with staff and management
- Attend weekly cellar meetings as scheduling allows
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in cellaring or brewing in a production brewery
- Ability to work varied shifts - This is a varied 24-hour/ 3-shift position, including Sunday
- Proper use of PPE
- Knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation
- Fork lift certification a plus
- Strong orientation towards quality control and safety
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities while focusing on detail
- Good time management skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing on feet all day.
- Heavy physical work (bending, kneeling, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.)
- Will work continuously on wet floors and with wet equipment
- Loud to moderate continuous noise in work area
- Will work with strong and often times hazardous chemicals
FLSA: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Job Grade: Firkin
Reports To: Cellar Manager