BCI EngineeringApply for this Job
Head Brewer in Hong Kong
This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. We are a leading global manufacturing business with a board who are passionate about beer and who are building a brewery in Hong Kong. With a world class brew deck, centrifuge and leading packaging lines, we are in the process of building what will be one of the biggest and most sophisticated craft breweries in Asia.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and passionate brewer to join us now, from grass roots up. We are looking for someone to oversee the brewery build and then assume the role of head brewer. This is an opportunity to put your stamp on a world class craft brewery and make it your own.
Craft beer in Asia, and in particular Hong Kong, is booming and this is a chance to carve a name for yourself as a leading brewer in this exciting and emerging market. We are looking for someone who can brew consistently solid craft beers everyday but also someone who has the appetite and inclination to push the boundaries (and venture beyond them sometimes!), striving to brew award winning, world class beers which put us on the global craft beer map. Asia has a plethora of wild and wonderful flavours and you will be given freedom to use these in our beers. Think Sichuan pepper porters, mangosteen wheats, jasmine double IPAs - the list goes on.
In addition to the above, we're also looking for someone to:
- Lead and manage brewing, packaging and quality control
- Direct and undertake recipe creation, in conjunction with our team
- Manage contract production
- Streamline systems and processes
- Train and Develop our brewing team
- Create Documentation regarding best practices and SOPs
- You are a passionate, committed, technically stellar, and experimental brewer who is adventurous and not afraid of a challenge
- 10 years brewing experience in a modern craft brewery
- You relish a challenge and embrace change. Brewing in Hong Kong will offer a unique set of opportunities
- North American, Australian or European experience is preferred but not essential
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary including medical
- Return airfare for a trip to home country (yearly)
- Bonus based on milestones
In addition to your brewing resume, please include a covering letter that indicates why you'd like to work in Hong Kong and your career ambitions over the next five years.