New Territory Project Manager
Lord Hobo Brewing CoApply for this Job
About Lord Hobo Brewing Company:
At Lord Hobo Brewing Company (LHBCo), we believe that beer is one of the cheapest luxury products is the world -- the absolute best beer is affordable to to Lords and Hobos alike. We also believe that both Lords and Hobos should have access to the best beer every day, so we’re on a mission to make our world-class beers available wherever great craft beer is sold.
If your skills, experience, and career aspirations match the opportunity described below, then we are excited to have you join our team!
New Territory Project Manager:
Launching new markets is a critical part of our growth strategy. As we pursue our mission, we need a Project Manager (PM) to help us with all aspects of new territory development. The ideal candidate is a project management professional with strong analytical skills, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability for relationship building (business development and sales). They must be able to produce within tight timelines and budgets, while maintaining a calm steadiness as they interact with prospective distributors and retailers. They will be skilled at gathering and analyzing market data (e.g. local beer trends and pricing) and surveying local consumers and retailers. They will be exceptional at compiling information and developing reports that are indicative of how to successfully launch a new territory.
The PM will be an integral part of the company’s strategic growth plan, reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer. They will be based out of the LHBCo brewery in Woburn, MA, but should expect to travel to prospective new markets ~50% of the time.
The key responsibilities of the New Territory Project Manager position are:
- Gather, analyze, and report information about the opportunity for LHBCo to launch in new market such as number of retail accounts in a market, competitor pricing, and consumer beer preferences
- Develop initial relationships with key retailers and make sales pitches to secure pre-launch orders
- Present confidently to initiate relationships with prospective distributor partners
- Collaborate with LHBCo management to set a tailored market strategy such as, product pricing, and marketing plans
- Collaborate with prospective distribution partners to develop a 1yr sales forecast, understanding all opportunities to leverage pricing, volume, and effort
- See market launch efforts through to completion including administrative details where necessary
- Continuously improve the LHBCo new territory launch processes
Qualifications & Skills:
At a minimum, the New Territory Project Manager must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Beer industry experience and an enthusiasm for craft beer is a big plus
- Experience performing market assessments, opportunity due diligence, competitor analysis, or the like
- Ability to present and sell to audiences ranging from bar-tenders to distributor executives
- Expert level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Scrappy ability to gather hard-to- find information quickly
- Comfortable traveling regularly and working autonomously
We offer a competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience, a company subsidized health insurance plan, and a generous beer discount.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Dave Censullo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lord Hobo Brewing Co. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.