Iggy's FoodsApply for this Job
Greetings seekers of opportunity!
Iggy's Foods is seeking the right individual to be the Brewhouse Manager for our rapidly-growing kombucha operation on Bainbridge Island, WA.
We are a unique brewery focused on herbal, honey-based, raw-fermented kombucha brews. We give the utmost attention to the flavor balance & character of each brew, as well as medicinal bio-availability. We brew an exciting niche product that is part of the greater new field of commercial raw kombucha brewing - a swiftly growing sector of the craft brewing industries at large.
Who you are:
- A practical, pragmatic and efficient systems thinker
- A doer who is fulfilled and energized by making things (really, really good things)
- An inspired individual with the touch of an artist and the strength of a warrior (able to lift 55lbs)
- Collaborative and community oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to the dynamism of a young company
- An individual with a deep drive to craft innovative herbal brews of the highest quality
- Excited by growth and moving from a small brewery to a large, commercial operation
- A strong planner and organizer with emphasis on financial acumen
- Owner of a strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized.
- Have worked in large-scale brewery/winery/cidery operations
- Have a strong understanding of fermentation & raw fermentation
- Have managed people and lead teams
- Have botanical extraction and herbalism experience
- Have experience thinking on different production scales--in theory and in practice
- A formal brewing education or professional brewing experience is emphasized
- 3-5 years of experience in a production brewery
- Supervise brewing production from start to finish
- Coordinate and plan the entire brewing process for rapidly growing kombucha operation
- Create production schedule
-In line with production targets, and maximizing staff and infrastructure efficiencies
- Work with head brewess to formulate recipes and ensure the highest quality is maintained
- Create and monitor realistic brewery budget
- Work alongside operations team and company management to spearhead scaling of brewery systems and production
- Work with materials suppliers
- Continually improve production processes and quality of product
- Passionately drive innovation within brewery operations
- Management of all brewery staff and facilities
Pay is commensurate with experience. Stock options available.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Iggy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.