National Account Manager
Innovative NA Beverage CompanyApply for this Job
The National Account Manager will be responsible for driving performance (volume, distribution, profit & share), in national chains by utilizing strategic planning and selling. With a focus on establishing strong customer relationships, the National Account Manager will manage the development and growth of volume, distribution across key National Accounts.
- Development of and selling chain plans that will exceed volume, distribution, profit and share goals.
- Achieve superior execution of chain programming through effective communication, coordination and leadership.
- Gain additional distribution.
- Develop strategic annual and trimester plans for national accounts
- Work with sales team to develop, grow and assist in market call points
- Lead call points with assigned major National Accounts
- Establish measurements to ensure increased sales through price management, increased distribution, and programming frequency.
- Conduct quarterly chain business reviews with the executive team.
- Schedule, conduct, and participate in distributor management meetings to educate, inform, and build capabilities on selling the brand/portfolio.
- Distributor management (as it relates to national accounts)
- Utilize VIP to track opportunity gaps to distributor network.
- Access and manage any customer analytical systems to measure performance.
- Forecasting, budgeting, pricing and programming management
- Track and measure progress to goals.
- Work within assigned budgets to achieve results, while maximizing profitability.
- Advance computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Products-Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Must have experience with fact-based selling (using IRI/Nielsen data)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills – basic finance and business skills.
- Retail and customer solution based selling abilities.
- Must demonstrate strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Adept at planning and organization.
- Working knowledge of distributor operations.
- Execution expertise (providing direction and solutions to improve in market execution).
- Knowledge of pricing strategy and in-market tactics
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective problem solving abilities and ability to multi-task
- 3-5 years of National chain selling experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Business or related area
- High energy team player with strong social skills.