Chief Financial Officer
Cape May Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
The Cape May Brewery is looking for a highly strategic CFO to oversee the financial activities of the organization. The CFO assumes a strategic role for Cape May in the overall financial leadership of the company and directs financial activities, with the day-to-day responsibility for planning, procurement, investments, and implementation. Building partnerships with financial institutions will be critical to this role. The CFO may also have oversight and transacting for payroll, insurances, and 401K.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations
- Manage financial support staff.
- Implement and manage budgets, including cost management.
- Create and report feasibility tests for conceptual projects proposed by management, including collection, interpretation, and report of findings and recommendations.
- Prepare and present financial data and analysis at regular management meetings for past, current, and future financial outlook
- Participate, and make recommendations, to management on company policies and business operations
- Maintain current and average cost data for all inventory and sale items
- Prepare State and Federal filings for operational reports and taxes
- Oversee all accounts payables and accounts receivables
- Manage charitable donations
- Facilitate payroll, including benefits, and 401k
- Manage all insurance policies, including periodic evaluation of providers
- Maintain organized records of all hard copy or electronic data
- Create and/or maintain ad-hoc financial spreadsheets or reports
- Understanding of all state and federal laws regarding record keeping, employee rights, payroll, benefits, wages, unemployment, disability, etc.
- Aid in tax preparation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a CFO, or executive financial manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economic, or Finance
- Strong project and time management, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Highly competent with computer functions, including word processing and spreadsheet software
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks
- Ability to manage others
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401k