Market Representative - Virginia & West Virginia
Terrapin Beer CoApply for Job
Job Summary: The Market Representative is a regular, full-time salaried outside sales position that is focused on growing accounts within a specified geographic area within a market. The Market Representative acts as Terrapin Beer Company, LLC’s ambassador of brand quality, portfolio of products and champion of equitable business practices in the marketplace & at the distributorship. The incumbent will report directly to the applicable Regional Sales Manager.
This position is to be based in the Greater Richmond, Virginia area and will be responsible for covering the entire state of Virginia and West Virginia. This job will be posted until April 8, 2017 or open until closed. To apply, please visit Terrapin Beer Company's Careers page at the link listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute fun and engaging brand interactions for our consumers, retailers and wholesalers through promotions and events.
- Help execute the Market Plan as set forth by the Regional Sales Manager which includes: volume, targeted account distribution and visibility goals by (distributor) and package.
- Be able to achieve and/or maintain Terrapin Beer Company, LLC’s market standards in entire account areas in order to make Terrapin Beer Company, LLC the craft beer market leader.
- Develop “preferred supplier status” with all key accounts by handling all reasonable & cost effective brand support needs in designated areas and also by keeping accounts informed about new products & events at Terrapin Beer Company, LLC.
- Answers all client and distributor inquiries in accordance with company values and expectations.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in designated account areas.
- Assists Regional Sales Manager with tasks necessary to maintain relationships with clients and distributors in order to profitably grow the brand and overall enterprise.
- Know pricing of all Terrapin Beer Company, LLC’s products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market.
- Develop market profile target lists, etc…
- Must be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after the consumption of alcohol during social events.
- Position requires frequent travel and applicants must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work 8-10 hours shifts and be able to work varying shifts dependent on operational business needs of the brewery.
- Position requires open availability for all shifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
This position is an entry-level position requiring a 4 year degree in Marketing, Business, Management or a similar degree program. Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication, and strong leadership skills.
This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Candidates must have flexible schedule and able to work nights & weekends.
Candidates must have a clean driving record and reliable source of transportation in line with the Terrapin Beer Company, LLC auto policy. Candidates must also acquire auto insurance coverage in line with the Terrapin Beer Company, LLC auto policy as a condition of employment and are expected to maintain as such throughout the course of employment.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K/Roth retirement plans and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.