Ace DistributingApply for this Job
ABOUT ACE DISTRIBUTING:
Ace Distributing is a leading beverage wholesaler in South Central Pennsylvania. Thousands of local Pennsylvanians are touched by Ace Distributing’s extensive portfolio, ensuring the delivered happiness to society. Ace Distributing has been nominated for the Craft Beer Distributor of the Year Award nationally through the Brewers Association & National Beer Wholesalers Association, through the recommendation of its brewery and retail partners. Ace Distributing represents more than 1,500 brands from over 71 supplier partners and services over 900 direct retail partners across Lancaster, York, Adams, Franklin, Fulton and Cumberland counties. Ace Distributing is committed to building local partnerships through non-profit community support and utilizing local vendors for services, supplies, equipment needs. Ace Distributing provides superior service and expertise to the industry, servicing as a valued resource in the market to its brewery partners, retail partners, and most importantly its consumers.
JOB TITLE: Inventory Manager
DEPARTMENT: Purchasing Department
POSITION SUMMARY: Plan, organize direct and evaluate the inventory management activities. Provide direct and continual leadership in the purchasing department to ensure processes and systems continuously improve the overall sales forecasts and ordering accuracy.
- Analyze and validate all reports and audits for forecasts, sales and inventory levels in compliance with company policy, supplier standards and PLCB compliance.
- Identify and understand the financial impact of forecasting and related decisions.
- Utilize the inventory management system to develop and track key performance indicators to measure the overall effectiveness of the inventory management operations.
- Identify and lead the implementation of systems and processes to improve forecast and order accuracy. Constantly review methods and procedures of the purchasing agents to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Meet regularly with brand manager to assess high/low supply products, forecasting and ordering objectives, and coordination of new supplier and product launches.
- Collaborate with sales and operations to discuss sales trends, forecasts, inventory levels, new product launches and logistic issues to ensure sufficient inventory levels are achieved and relay information to proper purchasing agents in order to execute proper forecasts, orders and launches of new products.
- Lead SKU rationalization committee consisting of purchasing, sales, brand and operations.
- Work with brand manager and system support to ensure all supplier and product information is identified and communicated promptly for setup.
- Coordinate daily cycle counts and process inventory adjustments promptly to ensure accurate, real time inventory and reconciliation.
- Provide accurate audits and reports to prove that all products were bought, handled and sold in compliance with company standards, and industry rules and regulations.
- Compile all necessary information for specified suppliers to forecast and purchase product, materials and maintain inventory levels.
- Hire, train and evaluate purchasing department staff.
- Keep Director of Administration informed of relevant information in regards to forecasting, ordering, and inventory management.
- Must comply with other duties as assigned by Director of Administration, SVP of Operations and Administration.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule to accomplish job functions.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards and ensure staff follows the same practices.
Preferred: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business operations or supply chain management.
Minimum: Graduate of high school or GED equivalent and Two (2) years relevant experience in business operations or supply chain management.
Experience: Two (2) years supply chain experience, proficiency with inventory forecasting program(s) and computerized database or document system(s), as well as Microsoft office applications.
Specific Skills: Accurate, critical thinking, strong communication skills (both verbal & written), active listening, reading comprehension, organized, self-motivated, adaptable, strong leadership skills, coaching, teaching, sound judgement, decision making, people management, performance monitoring, material resource management, supply chain management, inductive and deductive reasoning, mathematical, time management, analytical and quantitative skills, problem sensitivity, conflict resolution and social awareness.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Working knowledge of inventory management software. Ability to forecast and monitor sales curves. Identify and utilize resources to find a solution. Perform effectively under frequent interruptions and complete work in a timely manner. The ability to use small office equipment and multi-function machines. Knowledge of procedures and rules within company guidelines.