Cellerman, Brewer, Fermentation Specialist
2 Fools CiderApply for this Job
2 Fools Cider needs YOU!
The 2 Fools production cidery in Naperville, IL is adding staff to its cider making team. As our rapid growth continues we find ourselves in need of another excellent ciderist/cellar employee.
Attention to detail and a spirit of uncompromising excellence is a hallmark of our culture. The Staff Ciderist/Cellar Operator will work on the cellar floor but also help with operations, so solid experience is needed. Join our team!
Staff Ciderist/Cellar Operator - Our Expectations:
**Everyone needs these to work successfully in a cidery!
- Excellent attendance & timeliness.
- Is reasonable and responsible.
- Shows respect for self & others.
- Clean driving record. Insurable driver
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.+ and perform strenuous work all day. Prolonged standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling is often required.
- Mechanical aptitude. Respect of top quality equipment & tools.
- Familiarity with material handling equipment (pallet jack, forklift, hand truck).
- Understanding of what “Clean” means. No exceptions.
- Can perform tasks with little or no supervision.
- Can think and make sound and reasonable decisions. Critical thinker and a problem solver
- Willingness to accomplish “What Is Required” on any given day.
- Mental flexibility.
- Willingness to take direction.
Cider Making Specific Skills:
**It would be great if you have these skills, and understand that we’ll re-train you anyway.
- Open Mind.
- Love of tracking and paperwork.
- Love of cleaning & sanitation !
- Fermentation Management and daily tracking
- Knowledge of cellar operations
- Keg washing
- Yeast management
- Keg racking
- Filter setup, operation, cleaning
- Fining practices
- Fermentor, bright-beer tank and serving tank cleaning/sanitation
- Materials handling (empty cases, cleaned kegs, empty bottles, palletized cider, etc.)
- Raw materials analysis
- Minor laboratory and QA/QC skills
- Experience with cleaning chemicals & MSDS sheets
- Understanding of material utilization.
- Love of the art & science of Cider Making.
- Knowledge of sensory analysis
Other Niceties & Intangible Skills:
- Shows good attitude and wants to work
- Can follow directions well/takes notes if necessary.
- Can keep an eye out for potential problems or maintenance issues and brings them to the attention of management and maintenance
- Willingness to learn & learns quickly
- Willingly accepts non-standard assignments
- Can represent the company well when in public and at events
- Listens to and observes supervisors without being distracted from task at hand
- Asks pertinent questions
- Learns from mistakes
- Shows improving skills by regularly accomplishing more complex tasks and increasing speed and efficiency
- Able to multi-task
- Shows "sense of urgency" – hustles
- Ability to share knowledge and mentor other cidery staff
Part time, year round, hourly position with potential for growth with the company.
Background Check and Drug testing (pre-employment and random testing) are required.