Unix Packaging, Inc.Apply for this Job
This position provides overall plant leadership for co-pack bottling facility. This position directs the Manufacturing, Packaging, Warehousing, Distribution, Quality, Safety, Customer Service, and purchasing functions at the plant level. This position is also responsible for insuring that products are produced in a safe, sanitary environment conforming to recognized industry GMP’s and delivered in accordance with industry standards and customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and deliver cost savings and goals involving staff, vendors and customers to achieve the lowest possible manufacturing costs.
- Develop and implement effective supply chain management programs linking procurement, processing, packaging, and distribution into a seamless process and insuring that adequate programs are in place in all disciplines to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all business functions internal and external to the plant. Efficiently utilize all equipment, raw material, packaging materials and staff to insure the lowest possible cost.
- Establish plant quality programs that insure the compliance with all federal, state, local and customer requirements. Insures that in line quality controls are established to detect and correct quality failures and reduce out of specification product. Insure that adequate reporting is in place to facilitate continuous improvement programs and provide efficient tractability and recall requirements. Develop and nurture an employee owned Food Safety Team to drive engagement in this crucial aspect of our business.
- Insure that all Health and Safety programs comply with state and federal regulations. Conduct monthly progress and training meetings. Insure that all accident reports and records are timely and in compliance. Develop and nurture an employee owned Safety Team to drive engagement in this crucial aspect of our business.
- Insure compliance with all company GMP’s, local, state, and federal regulatory agencies; organic certifying organizations and, Kosher organization and third party certifying agencies.
- Work with current and existing customers to develop an environment of mutual trust and understanding establishing the Company as the supplier of choice for manufacturing and packaging.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager developing preventative maintenance programs and procedures to reduce mechanical downtime and insuring that breakdowns are repaired with a minimum of processing disruption.
- Establish effective communication practices that provide operating information to operators, staff and upper management on a daily, monthly basis insuring that all parts of the company have the information necessary to affect continuous improvement. Items to be covered; identify issues, production schedules, cost controls, budget compliance and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Insure that Human Resources programs are in place addressing the selection, training, development, motivation, and cultural expectations of all plant employees and the company. Insure that job descriptions are up to date and that reviews are conducted on a periodic basis, at a minimum annually.
- Provide Leadership of large scale growth and expansion efforts. Display Project Management skills through involvement with leadership of the various project teams providing direct ownership of these efforts.
Responsible for direct reports: Production Manager, Production Supervisors, Maintenance Manager, Warehouse Manager, Quality Manager and other plant management roles. Indirect reports consist of Quality Manager, HR Manager and Cost accountant, as well as multiple shifts for production operators, warehouse operators, maintenance techs, and other operational positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in an operations or related field.
8-10 years of experience in production, production supervision and plant management. Previous beverage bottling experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent interpersonal skills. Bilingual preferred. Demonstrated ability to manage human relations issues in a non-union environment. Must be a self-starter capable of developing and maintaining a team environment. Demonstrate an ability to be proactive in all phases of the operation. Have an operating knowledge of computer and computer applications. Demonstrated ability in analytical problem solving.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.