Territory Manager - Southern California
Tinley Beverage CompanyApply for this Job
The Tinley Beverage Company is a leading-edge player in the rapidly-emerging cannabis beverage/supplement market. The company recently launched a line of alcohol-style cannabis-infused beverages during the April “420” weekend in Southern California and is working to make these products available throughout the state. The company also has a line of hemp extract beverages available in approximately 100 stores in Southern California including Bristol Farms, Erewhon and selected Sprouts and 7-Eleven locations.
This is a unique opportunity to join the cannabis industry and while also maintaining your relationships in the mainstream beverage industry in the Southern California market.
Additional information on The Tinley Beverage Company and its products can be found at www.drinktinley.com.
We are seeking a high-energy, organized and experienced professional who can relate to our diverse customer base, which includes health food and supplement stores, premium grocers, convenience stores and medical marijuana dispensaries.
Your primary responsibility will be to work with our designated distributors and contract sales companies to develop both the hemp and cannabis businesses. The initial focus will be on developing the Hemplify business with our designated distributor, LA Distribution, and contract sales group, Critical Mass. You will be responsible for day to day sales, distributor relationship management and for providing support for our distributors’ sales teams. As the cannabis business develops, you will assume a similar role with our distribution and retail partners for the medical marijuana channel.
- Expand placement of Tinley’s products in retail locations in Southern California with a focus on Los Angeles and Orange County
- Train distributors’ sales staff and participate in ride-alongs
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts for case volume and spending
- Regular pipeline reporting and monthly business planning, analysis and reviews
- Chargeback administration
- Manage relationships with distributors and sales groups, primarily LA Distributing Company and Critical Mass
- Assistance with field marketing, trade shows and other events
- Accountability at street level
- A proven track record of beverage and supplement sales and achievement of targets in Southern California
- Proven relationships with independent and chain stores in the health, premium grocery and convenience channels in the region; dispensary relationships a plus but not required
- Experience managing distributors
- Excellent presentation and communication skills -- both written and verbal
- Must have own computer and smartphone
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Must have a car and be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs
- Self starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Comfortable in a start-up environment and able to assist with other areas of a growing, early-stage company as needed
We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus, car allowance, benefits and stock options commensurate with experience level.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Initial interviews will begin the week of May 30 in Los Angeles.