Senior Accounting Manager - CPG
Propeller IndustriesApply for Job
Are you an Accountant looking for a position where you can gain more experience in several areas of accounting - taking your career to the next level? Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment and work with the natural product industry’s leading VC-backed growth stage firms like Barnana, Hippeas, Sir Kensington’s, and many more?
If so, come join us at Propeller Industries. We are a close-knit team of fun-loving accounting and financial professionals who love to help companies grow. This opportunity will position your career for immediate growth and expose you to the next level of controllership, financial planning and reporting.
As a member of our accounting team your mission will be to oversee the monthly financial close process and communicate directly with clients and our international staff regarding accounting questions and processes. Your hands-on expertise with AP/AR, balance sheet reconciliations, inventory control, payroll, and month-end financial reporting will allow you to manage the team of international accountants and deliver timely, accurate financials to Propeller CFOs and clients.
As an experienced accountant, your in-depth experience with QuickBooks and Excel will be invaluable as you analyze data and report on financials. Your talent for multi-tasking, plus your superb organizational skills, will ensure you balance multiple client projects effectively.
Required qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 5+ years experience in full cycle accounting, with at least 2 years in a lead role with a Food & Beverage firm;
- Strong working knowledge of inventory management and ability to set up operational processes for accurate inventory accounting;
- Deep experience with Trade Spend accounting and ability to track manufacturer chargebacks on a cash or accruals basis;
- Advanced skills in Quickbooks (or similar accounting systems) with expertise in Advanced Inventory and Manufacturing modules, advanced Excel skills;
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP principals and financial statements;
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills;
- Clear and effective communication skills (verbal and written);
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to be pro-active and in-tune with clients' needs - identifying areas of weakness and developing processes to address those;
- Open to new ideas and change, with the goal of always serving our clients and improving processes.
About Propeller Industries: Propeller Industries provides outsourced finance and accounting for an elite portfolio of early-stage growth companies. We offer a broad scope of services ranging from CFO-level strategic planning to day-to-day transaction processing through our team of CFOs and accountants. The firm has offices in SF, LA, NY, Austin, TX and Sun Valley, ID and currently serves 200+ clients across a range of industries including ecommerce, technology, food & beverage, manufacturing, business services and healthcare.