Director of Finance - CPG
Propeller IndustriesApply for Job
The Director of Finance will play a key role in helping the natural product industries leading VC-backed growth stage firms build their businesses by providing in-depth financial and analytical support. This person will operate with a high level of independence and play a leadership role within the Propeller service team. For a senior accounting/finance professional looking for long-term job stability and a CFO-track position, this is an excellent opportunity to learn the complexities and interdependencies of early-stage, high-growth companies like Barnana, Hippeas, Sir Kensington’s, and many others.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deep understanding of the workings of the Food & Beverage industry including, but not limited to: multiple channels & retailer landscape, manufacturing & co-packers, distributors & brokers, etc.
- Solid experience in firms’ business operations and ability to set up systems and processes to ensure firm-wide controls
- Strong ability to understand the dynamics of an early stage growth firm in the Food & Bev space, use critical thinking and enable the firm’s management to make strategic decisions
- Perform & oversee financial planning/analysis, cash resource management & budgeting
- Create financial models & provide ad-hoc financial analysis
- Evaluate financial/accounting processes, propose improvements and oversee implementation
- Direct subordinates in finalizing monthly closes
- Lead audit processes
- Oversee client account management discussion and analysis and board reporting
- Work with clients to ensure representation of company finance function
- Draft management discussion and analysis reports
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- BA in accounting or finance or economics
- 5+ years of accounting and financial experience
About Propeller Industries:Propeller Industries provides outsourced finance and accounting for an elite portfolio of early-stage growth companies. We offer a broad scope of services ranging from CFO-level strategic planning to day-to-day transaction processing through our team of CFOs and accountants. The firm has offices in SF, LA, NY, Austin, TX and Sun Valley, ID and currently serves 200+ clients across a range of industries including ecommerce, technology, food & beverage, manufacturing, business services and healthcare.