Head Brewer - Lac Brewing Co - Saigon, Vietnam
Lac Brewing CoApply for this Job
Be part of the scene that is changing the way people drink beer in South East Asia. Lac Brewing Co is recruiting for a head brewer to lead our efforts. Lac means lost in Vietnamese, and we aim to brew creative ales and lagers with local ingredients and inspiration. Our most popular ales are a Cream Ale made with cashews and local sugars, and an IPA made with only real Mangos.
Our brewery is a 15 bbl PUB system in addition to a 50 liter pilot system with a suite of test fermenters. We also co-brew on the system with a local Belgium brewery under the direction of their brewmaster. This gives us a great opportunity to share research, process and systems in a non-competitive way.
We are looking for a self-directed, experienced brewer to continue our learning and growth in creative directions while executing with consistency on our current best sellers.
Lac is well respected among the local brewers for our quality and balanced use of local ingredients. We love and respect Vietnam - hence our name is Vietnamese and not English. We see great opportunity both within the country and export around the world. We see Vietnam as a growing brand and something to be proud of. Cafe sua da! Banh my! Pho! Why not, let's have fun, be creative and developer delicious beer.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science or certificate in brewing
- 6+ years of commercial brewing experience with 2+ years as a head brewer
- Proven track record of brewing award winning beer and managing daily operations
- Excited about exploring local ingredients and trying new ideas until they taste just right
- Professional, focused on the craft and has a healthy relationship with alcohol.
- Develop and adapt existing SOPs regarding all areas of the brewing process
- Guide and ensure success with new packaging types
- Oversee the timely and quality production of distribution beers
- Create exciting and unique products that find a following in our markets
- Explore and create new taproom and test beers weekly