Experienced Brewer Needed in Sunny South Florida
Due South Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
Due South Brewing Company is a five year old craft brewery based in Boynton Beach, Florida that specializes in creating high quality hop-forward beers, as well as inventive and flavorful ales and lagers. We are seeking a talented, passionate individual to join our brewing team with the dedication to craft the best possible beer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Production of wort on a 15 bbl, 3 vessel brewhouse.
- Monitor fermentation such as checking gravities, record data, take pH readings, dry hop, diacetyl rests, cold crashing.
- Manage yeast through harvesting, pitching, dumps.
- Assist with cellar when time allows.
- Complete production paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Use proper safety equipment.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with Head Brewer, cellar team.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
The ideal candidate would display the following qualifications:
- Experience brewing on a commercial brewing system
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate for craft beer.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and achieve goals.
- Flexible schedule that could require work at nights, early mornings and weekends.
- Strong organization, planning and time management.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office/OpenOffice/Google Suite and email
- Prior professional brewing experience will receive priorities.
- Must be able to work on their feet for extended periods of time during which you will need to walk, stand and crouch.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs grain bags and 44 lbs hop boxes.
- Must be able to lift/maneuver kegs and yeast brinks that when full can be upwards of 165 lbs.
- Must be able to work in conditions that are wet, hot in temperature and close in quarters.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders many times per day.