Market Manager (Northern Wisconsin)
Summit Brewing CoApply for Job
SUMMARY: The Summit Market Manager is responsible for Market and Retail Development as well as distributor management in their assigned territory (Northwestern Wisconsin). The Market Manager will develop the assigned territory and grow the Summit brand in sales and visibility. They will work together to drive our business forward while partnering with our distributor network. The efforts and success of a successful Market Manager will transcend to more sales and opportunities with your distributors. This position reports to the Chief Sales Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTCOMES:
- Attain volume and distribution goals based on mutually agreed upon targets, as defined by the Chief Sales Officer.
- Remain available as the day-to-day Summit representative retailers and distributors depend upon.
- Assist in developing Summit brand standards in the market in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Stay in tune with market dynamics in assigned regions and communicate those trends to the CSO.
- Contact and work with key retailers and distributors maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Support the growth and development of the Summit brand by knowing core retail customers in each market.
- Spend time building distribution and sales volume in targeted On/Off Premise accounts.
- Perform tastings in the on and off premise accounts, staff trainings and event activities with the retail environment.
- Build relationships with both retail and distributor for On/Off Premise Accounts by adding value to their business and help drive sales and profits for all trade channels.
- Add value to the brand through working as a key supplier to retail and distributors accounts.
- Work with our distributor sales personnel to educate them about the quality, attributes, and value that Summit Brewing Company provides.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Sales Officer.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Three or more years of sales experience with proven accomplishments and professional growth required.
- Excellent customer service, public speaking, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to travel is required. A valid driver’s license, functional vehicle, and clean driving record are required.
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours. Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Wholesale industry experience strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Microsoft platforms including Word, Excel and Power Point strongly preferred.
- Resident in/near Eau Claire, Wisconsin or surrounding area strongly preferred.
- TIPS or SALES training/experience strongly preferred.
- Able to sit or stand for the length of work day.
- Able to work in conditions typical of both indoor and outdoor environments (cool, warm, or hot, humid or wet, etc.), and moderate to loud environments.
- Able to frequently push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 160 pounds.
- Able to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.