VP of Finance
Bonafide ProvisionsApply for this Job
Bonafide Provisions is a San Diego-based, family-owned, company that started in 2011 making restorative bone broth and selling it locally to deep nutrition seekers. In 2015, the company’s online sales exploded, sparking the interest of national retailers. Bonafide has quickly grown to be an exciting, first-mover consumer brand with products in Whole Foods, the natural channel and several conventional retailers. The company is rapidly expanding its retail channels and product line to include a ready-to-drink (RTD) line of drinking vegetables and soups.
Reporting to the Founder & CEO, the VP of Finance will be a strategic thinker and business partner. The VP of Finance will work closely with the CEO to lead & inspire our team to meet the company’s strategic objectives and annual business goals. The company is looking for a top-notch finance professional and leader who can impact all aspects of the company. Deep understanding of consumer product goods, the ability to effectively interact with all aspects and functions of the organization (especially operations), and nimbly drive change in a meaningful way is critical to success in this role.
- Partner with the CEO and leadership team to develop plans and assess organizational performance against its annual budget and long-term strategy.
- Develop and lead accounting staff.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, the operating model and operational execution.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the company’s vision and plan.
- Develop & enhance tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations:
- Develop processes and systems to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Partner with leadership team and other employees to develop and evaluate progress against all key performance measures (KPIs)
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast.
- Oversee financing and accounting strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, nonprofit partners, Executives, auditors, lawyers, public officials, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- A minimum of a BS; a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience as Head of Finance/Accounting for a high-growth CPG company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including:
- Strong collaborator that proactively interacts with the team to drive results and accountability
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills, including:
- Excellent team player and adds to the culture
- Thrives in a fast-past paced environment
- Can create systems that provide discipline while still allowing an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong at evaluating risk but works as a problem solver
- Excellent analytical, abstract reasoning and strategic skills, including:
- Efficient with time and can multi-task projects to get things done effectively and efficiently
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to roll-up sleeves and execute.
- Experience working closely with executive management and board.
- Experience presenting at board meetings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing & operations within a food & beverage environment
- Bonafide Provisions is in Carlsbad, CA