Field Marketing Manager
Square OrganicsApply for this Job
Square Organics is an Oakland-based manufacturer of organic protein-based snacks made from plant sources. The brand was inspired by Co-Founder Sarah’s battle with asthma - which she now manages without medication via diet and nutrition - and is now one of the fastest growing protein bar brands in natural grocery. Our products can be found nationwide at Whole Foods, The Vitamin Shoppe, and Sprouts.
We support San Francisco-based nonprofit, Not For Sale, in the fight against human trafficking: 1% of the net sales of every Square Organics product is donated back to NFS to support and help create anti-human trafficking projects around the world.
Field Marketing Manager:
As we rapidly expand our product offering and retail presence, we’re seeking two full-time Field Marketing Managers to join our team in Oakland, CA. You will manage a team of 50+ Brand Ambassadors (BAs) as they engage and drive trial with potential consumers. You will mentor the team and ensure that performance goals are met and brand is being represented well, in addition to recruiting new BAs in key territories to support our retail partners with in-store demos.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
– Manage, mentor, and energize current BA team
– Ensure brand is represented well and brand message communicated to consumers is on point
– Balance BA demos for multiple product lines, keeping an eye on SKU-level velocities/expectations
– Analyze data (SPINS, WFM Vendor Portal) to optimize allotments and identify new FM opportunities
– Liaise with Sales team, identifying merchandizing “fails” and opportunities for increased placement
– Source and interview new BA hires, and advance company recruiting tools and networks
– Oversee shared demo calendar for your FM team, and support scheduling as needed
– Manage BA inventory requests, keeping BAs adequately supplied with monthly shipments
– Support CMO with intro and follow-up BA trainings as needed
– Occasional BA text messages over the weekend should be expected
Skills & Demeanor Required:
- A positive attitude, outgoing demeanor, and ability to roll with the chaos of a food startup
- Ability to prioritize, understand, and adopt the greater company mission
- Must be entrepreneurial and competitive by nature
- Natural sales acumen and instincts
- Strong text, email and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for food/beverage or consumer packaged goods industry
- A good ol’ fashion team player
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years work experience (at least 1-year of experience with food/bev or CPG company ideal)
- Demo experience preferred
Position Type: Salaried (Full-Time)
Position Location: Oakland, CA
Perks: Full health and dental benefits. Unlimited Squares. Coffee.