Brewpub General Manager
10 Barrel Brewing Co
Apply for Job
- Lead a team of ~70 management, FOH, and BOH employees in the operation of our San Diego brewpub/restaurant
- Work with onsite innovation brewer to drive strategized beer releases, events, and ongoing supply to the pub.
- Build and maintain partnerships with local community and other external organizations.
- Drive energy, culture, and engagement with pub team in order to ensure they in-turn transfer this to our customers.
- Build up and educate employees as a team and at the individual level, helping each strive for excellence and development.
- Drive local labor and staffing program. Manage to labor cost targets. Maintain local workforce, running hiring and training efforts based on projected and emergent needs.
- Ultimately accountable for the following aspects of pub operations:
- Maintaining profit center
- Ensuring quality service & product standards
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Hiring & firing
- Hands-on floor management
- Community and external business partnerships
- 5+ years restaurant management experience.
- Experience working under operational cost budgets.
- Kitchen experience highly preferred.
- Experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate in craft beer.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and federal and local governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent communication skills; Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Solid problem-solving ability; Able to work through unexpected situations using varying levels of resources and information.
- Exceptional ability to lead, influence, and negotiate with others.