VP of Marketing
Bonafide ProvisionsApply for this Job
Reporting to the Founder & CEO, the VP of Marketing will help extend the company’s mission “to bring abundant wellness to all.” The VP of Marketing will be responsible for development and execution of strategic marketing plans, program evaluation and budget maintenance.
Bonafide Provisions is a San Diego-based, family-owned, company that started in 2011 making restorative bone broth and selling it locally to deep nutrition seekers. In 2015, the company’s online sales exploded, sparking the interest of national retailers. Bonafide has quickly grown to be an exciting, first-mover consumer brand and its products can be found in Whole Foods, the natural channel and several conventional retailers. The company is rapidly expanding its retail channels and product line to include a ready-to-drink (RTD) line of drinking vegetables and a frozen soup line.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and drive Bonafide Provisions’ marketing strategy and develop short & long term marketing plans to meet and exceed company growth goals
- Lead the multifunctional team to deliver the execution of plans successfully
- Manage the current business, lead annual business/action planning process and go-to- market strategies for new product launches
- Continue to improve processes to maximize efficiency, productivity and to deliver in market results
- Collaborate with co-founders to identify consumer insights, developing/testing concepts with consumers and partnering with the multifunctional team to create sustainable pipeline of innovation for next 3 years
- Integrating online & traditional media to build brand equity and drive sales with target audiences; strong understanding of how to use e-commerce/direct to consumer, social media & latest tech to drive consumer engagement and be disruptive online
- Manage the budget effectively to drive high ROI growth plans
- Fully develop and grow the marketing team through savvy hiring, continuous coaching & performance feedback
You’ll Love this Job if You’re:
- Scrappy and willing to get your hands dirty. At Bonafide, no job is too little or too big!
- A strong communicator and collaborator. You work effectively with all members of the organization
- Highly analytical and strategic. Your problem-solving skills are unparalleled
- Quick on your feet! When problems arise, you reliably produce responses and solutions with speed
- Willing to travel. We’ll need you to take your talents on tour!
What you’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience in a brand management, product/digital marketing
- 3+ years managing and developing teams
- Expert knowledge of communicating and storytelling to consumers
Bonus Points For:
- MBA degree
- Natural food/beverage industry experience
- Passion for wellness & clean eating