Director of Manufacturing / Plant Manager
Blue Moose of BoulderApply for this Job
ABOUT BLUE MOOSE OF BOULDER: We hand-craft hummus and dips in small batches, with tasty all natural ingredients, and not a single preservative or cut corner whatsoever. We’re proudly born in Boulder, CO and on a mission to make snacking healthier! Blue Moose of Boulder products are available across Natural, Conventional, Club and Online Channels, and sold in key retailers such as: Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Safeway, Costco, AmazonFresh and more.
POSITION SUMMARY: Blue Moose is searching for a dynamic Director of Manufacturing / Plant Manager who is responsible for overseeing all plant and production activities to support business objectives. The energetic leade will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance (production, maintenance, quality, etc.), and will ensure that objectives are attained in an efficient manner that’s consistent with quality requirements. He or she will also delegate authority to key supervisors in each phase of production and manage all functions involved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall management of daily operations at our SQF Level III plant
- Maintain compliance with all governmental and Company safety and quality regulations and procedures
- Oversee the efficient use of materials, labor and equipment; assist with improvement initiatives as necessary
- Lead, in conjunction with our Quality team, all certification processes and maintain requirements for our various facility and product certifications (including: SQF Level III, USDA Organic, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO Project, etc.)
- Plan, organize and manage all business processes to ensure customer and financial expectations are met; achieve facility goals to support fast growth plans
- Analyze manufacturing processes and operational costs to optimize the production and financial performance of the Blue Moose of Boulder facility
- Schedule and manage the activities of the production and warehouse teams
- Provide leadership and mentor/develop team members to support current and future staffing needs
- Conduct physical inventories, monitor cycle counts and assists in relevant end of month account closing activities
- Develop and implement forward planning to ensure plant capacity and practices exceed forecasted growth.
- Prepare, analyze and issue production and performance reports.
- Manage multiple shifts and approve day-to-day scheduling of the plant to ensure capacity and practices exceed any new forecasted growth.
- Develop and implement comprehensive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Exhibit working knowledge of High Pressure Processing (HPP) and its impact on different products
QUALIFICATIONS: The Director of Manufacturing / Plant Manager candidate should be passionate about natural foods. He or she considers him or herself as an independent thinker and doer, and loves to introduce friends to new things they’ve discovered, especially when it is a new food product!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S) in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Engineering or Manufacturing Systems, Supply Chain Management
- 10-20 years of successful leadership and experience in a manufacturing management role with a strong financial acumen. Experience with Consumer Packaged Products, Natural Foods, Cheese or Dairy industries strongly preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operations Procedures within the food industry, preferably in dairy and cheese
- Excellent teambuilding, interpersonal, listening, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good analytical and conceptual problem solving skills to identify problems, develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP software
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial and manufacturing data
- Ability to work one-on-one as well as in a team environment
- Good understanding of business and management practices
- Start-up company mentality “No job too small”
- Demonstrated project management, organizational and customer service skills
- Results oriented individual who demonstrates persistence in the face of obstacles
- Persuasive leader with ability to organize and delegate effectively
In addition to having the opportunity to take on a leadership role at a fast growing, on trend, leading healthy snacking company, we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation & Holidays