Operations and Supply Chain Manager
Food ManufacturerApply for this Job
Responsible for managing and directing all operations activities to efficiently balance customer demand with supply through raw goods sourcing, production scheduling, inventory management and on-time deliveries. Accountable for efficient production of all fermented food products to maintain quality, achieve gross margin targets and meet volume demand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensure fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and production assets.
- Manage daily business operations, and report on operating costs within functional areas. Alert management of cost and labor over run, makes recommendations and implement solutions
- Delegate responsibilities, provide guidance and give direction to the General Manager, operations team, and Co-Packer
- Maintain close surveillance over operations through reports, staff meetings, observation and personal contact to assure integration of workflow, timely production, budgetary conformance and utilization of personal skills and machines
- Assist and advise others to resolve problems and implement permanent corrective action
- Act as a liaison between co-workers and management team to keep people informed on matters of communication, decisions and policies
- Investigate root causes and work with cross-functional areas to provide analysis and recommendations for business operations improvement.
- Assist in managing and coordinating critical projects across functions.
- Recommend cost-savings initiatives and support the Executive team with implementation.
- Manages supply chain vendor relationships
- Manages team and contractors to seamlessly support the operation 24 hours per day and 7 day per week
- Follows safety regulations and guidelines at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and professional telephone and customer service protocols. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in Supply Chain and Production Management, with at least 2 years working in a leadership role.
- 2+ years of experience in Food & Beverage CPG industry, with knowledge of proper food safety programs
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage and delegate tasks as needed.
- Leadership experience in distribution, warehousing operations or facilities.
- Ability to interact with upper management and influence decisions by presenting persuasive information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Access.
- Six Sigma certification or similar certification with focus on lean process efficiencies ideal
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-organized and detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to negotiate contracts
Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.