Project Manager Vancouver, WA or Champlain, NY
Country Malt GroupApply for Job
GrainCorp Malt is one of the world’s largest producers of malt for use in the brewing, distilling and food industries, operating in the U.S. as Great Western Malting Co., and in Canada as Canada Malting Co. The Country Malt Group division began in 1995 as North Country Malt Supply based in Champlain, NY. In 2010 the company was acquired by GrainCorp and has evolved into the Country Malt Group with 12 distribution facilities located throughout North America. Today we are the main supplier to over 5,000 customers in the US and Canada.
Reporting to the CMGBC President, you will work with a diverse team of technical, business and operations partners to achieve impactful and sustainable results. You will ensure that new & in progress projects are completed on schedule, within the project budget and to the scope established and agreed upon with project stakeholders. During the course of each project you will prepare & maintain the scope, tracking tools and business updates, while driving the day to day project activities.
COMMIT TO SAFETY
DELIVER FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
LEAD THE WAY
OWN THE RESULT
- Collaborates and partners with project sponsors, functional and network leaders to develop project definition to include project scope, financial, timeline, risks, dependency, resource needs, and alignment to strategic imperatives.
- Coordinate internal project resources and third parties/vendors for the implementation of projects. Establishes and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors. Prepares and facilitates vendor selection processes.
- Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within budget and within scope. Develops detailed project plan to monitor and track progress. Develops and maintains comprehensive project documentation. Ensures project resource availability and allocation.
- Assists project sponsors in project vision and partners with project stakeholders to define project scope and objectives, including all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks. Maintains and communicates project action log and issues log with project team members and stakeholders.
- Ensures solutions are properly tested consistent with test cases and acceptance criteria.
- Manages project risks and issues, determining a course of action, considering constraints and objectives enabling continued project progress.
- Manages project change in accordance with the change management process to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, benefits, and contracts.
- Provides project status reports and ensures project data is accurate. Serves as point-person for internal and external project communications; ensures that project milestones, completion dates, costs, contingencies, risks, and other significant matters are communicated on a regular basis to team members and stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Passion for the craft brewing & malting industry is a plus.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a project management role.
- Warehouse Management System and/or Inventory Control software experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to analyze complex operational issues as they relate to business needs and manage/implement required solutions
- Proven leadership and management capabilities
- Experience collaborating interdepartmentally and across multiple facilities
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Critical thinker with ability to independently make timely judgments based on relevant information
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience in Transportation/Logistics
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience
- LEAN / Six Sigma certification and/or training
- Supply Chain or Transportation industry certification
- HACCP or Food Safety certification
- Experience in warehousing and inventory control.
4 year relevant college degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/Rx plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, accident insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k), tuition reimbursement & fitness subsidy. Employees are eligible for Brewcraft product discounts, as well as discounts from various external vendors.
Together We are Safer Safety is a core value at GrainCorp. We are committed to a Zero Harm environment and we act consciously every day to keep ourselves and our co-workers safe.