Northern Oregon, Southwest Washington, Downstate Idaho Regional Manager
Ninkasi Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Department: Sales Job Grade: N/A Supervisor: CCO Classification: Exempt
The Northern Oregon, Southwest Washington, Downstate Idaho Regional Manager is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in Ninkasi’s Northern Oregon, Southwest Washington, Downstate Idaho region, which currently includes Vancouver, Portland, and Salem.
Develops staff and directs a Market Manager team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Market Managers.
All members of the Ninkasi community are expected to positively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement through intentional focus on the following objectives:
- Safest Workplace- Everyone leaves work as good or better when they arrived.
- Zero Waste- Relentlessly eliminating waste positively impacts our customers, our environment and ourselves.
- Best Customer Experience- Our efforts transfer the maximum value to our customers.
At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- One team
- Quality output in everything we do.
- Creative pursuit of mastery.
- Integrity in our actions.
- Successful integration of work and life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Regional Manager will be responsible for the leadership and management duties of their department. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, performance management, coaching and general leadership and guidance.
- Develop annual and trimester business plans and sales strategy for the territory that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Set and manage consistent communication to distributor partners in the territory.
- Responsible for the performance, coaching and development of the Market Managers in territory.
- Recruits, tests, and hires Market Managers based on criteria agreed upon by senior leadership team.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and trimester action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of distributor action plans to penetrate markets.
- Conducts one-on-one reviews twice per year with all Market Managers to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of their sales and activity performance.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Market Managers.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Creates sales tools for Market Managers to meet on and off premise market needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: 4 year degree in Business or a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience: 5-10 years in a similar or related field.
- Required skills: Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other CRM systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Employee will most likely spend ample time in a car, their home and/or accounts. The noise levels will vary based on location.
Travel is required for this position and will vary based on business needs.
Compensation and Benefits
Ninkasi Brewing Company offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and may include health/vision insurance, monthly merchandise credit, 401k & profit sharing bonus opportunities, paid time off, and a company smart phone. Benefit eligibility is dependent on job classification and hours worked. Complete details are outlined in the Ninkasi Employee Handbook.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.