Sr. Market Sales Manager
G&J Pepsi Cola BottlersApply for this Job
Schedule: 1st shift: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, however the candidate must be able to work overtime and/or weekends due to business needs.
Summary: To provide the management of the division's sales team to ensure consistent, high quality customer service and execution of programs while aligning resources to reduce costs and improve efficiencies to deliver budgeted results.
Job Duties:• Directs staffing, training and skill development of direct reports to allow for talent management and employee engagement goals to be met.
• Manages direct reports to provide strategic direction leadership to ensure that the execution and market share of programs are met and maintained according to established company policy while delivering budgeted results.
• Ensures that company policies, standards and procedures are met, followed and maintained in accordance with established company policy (e.g. OSHA, DOT and safety compliance, Federal/State/Local laws).
• Acts as a liaison with other departments (e.g. Production, Warehouse, Accounting, Human Resources) to ensure that all distribution needs are met and addressed.
• Provides for continued systems and process improvements to ensure that low cost goals and efficiencies are met.
• Manages customer and client relationships while addressing sales operations issues to increase volume and margin.
• Ensures that proper staffing is in place to meet customer service expectations.
• Communicates with co-workers, employees, customers and suppliers verbally and in writing regarding policy and procedure changes, departmental activities, operational feedback and other information.
• Completes forecasts, headcount budget, job requisitions, business reviews, payroll changes, performance reviews and other paperwork according to established company policy; reviews and approves time-off requests and time cards.
• Maintains confidentiality of promotions, pricing, CDA contracts, financial information, customer information profit and loss statements, employee information (e.g. discipline, wage information) and other sensitive and confidential information.
• Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Education: Associate's Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or related field (two year college or technical school) or equivalent work experience is required.
Experience: 5-7 years of progressively responsible sales and operational/logistics experience in a closely related position and 5-7 years of previous supervisory experience.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access.
Certifications & Licenses: Valid Driver's License; must be insurable to operate a vehicle, as a condition of initial and continued employment.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of: retail sales environment; grocery and beverage industry; standard selling practices; delivery systems; warehouse and distribution systems; profit and loss statements; basic financial management; Microsoft Office Suite, including Access; Business Intelligence. Skill in: selling products and promotions; internal and external customer service; designing local market promotions; training and coaching; budgeting for labor and other expenditures. Ability to: manage multiple priorities across various functions and departments; coordinate processes and people to gain efficiencies; read and interpret reports and data (including financial) and formulate a plan to align resources; clearly outline expectations and manage to them; communicate effectively with customers and other employees both verbally and in writing; adapt to change; develop and maintain good working relationships; problem solve; delegate; operate a computer; deliver presentations to customers and employees.