Country Malt GroupApply for this Job
GrainCorp Malt is one of the world’s largest producers of malt for use in the brewing, distilling and food industries, operating in the U.S. as Great Western Malting Co., and in Canada as Canada Malting Co. The Country Malt Group division began in 1995 as North Country Malt Supply based in Champlain, NY. In 2010 the company was acquired by GrainCorp and has evolved into the Country Malt Group with 12 distribution facilities located throughout North America. Today we are the main supplier to over 3,500 customers in the US and Canada.
COMMIT TO SAFETY
DELIVER FOR OUR CUSTOMER
LEAD THE WAY
OWN THE RESULT
- Manage all warehouse activities ensuring operational goals are achieved by determined deadlines.
- Effectively manage warehouse employees, focusing on retention and skill development.
- Promote a “Zero Harm” work environment through adherence to OSHA, DOT HAZMAT and HACCP regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures in operations and office areas.
- Manage site inventory control processes; ensuring compliance with internal SOPs and best practices.
- Ensure orders are processed accurately and in a timely manner according to SOPs and customer requirements.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance programs and repairs of facility equipment.
- Develop and maintain written documentation of all SOPs.
- Facilitate and/or conduct all required employee training; including forklift and safety certification programs.
- Development of facility & labor related budgets and ongoing review of trends & variances.
- Completion of special projects as assigned by management.
- Facilitate and/or conduct site tours for management, employees and customers.
- Maintain a professional environment for customers and carriers while ensuring the warehouse team is constantly striving for excellence in all things relative to the business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of direct Warehouse Distribution management experience, including demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and mentor employees.
- Knowledge of and experience ensuring compliance with OSHA, DOT HAZMAT and HACCP regulations.
- Warehouse Management System and/or ERP software experience is required.
- Experience utilizing cycle count methodologies and performing full physical inventory counts.
- Material Handling & equipment maintenance experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to create & operate within budget guidelines.
- Experience facilitating effective employee training.
- Capacity to embrace and lead change in a fast-paced, constantly fluctuating business environment is essential; plus ability to exercise solid judgement and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guideline
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate both verbal & written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification and operate forklift and other equipment as needed.
- Ability to comfortably lift and carry up to 55/lbs.
- Passion for the craft brewing & malting industry is a plus
4 year relevant college degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. LEAN / Six Sigma certification is a plus.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/Rx plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, accident insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k), tuition reimbursement & fitness subsidy. Employees are eligible for Brewcraft product discounts, as well as discounts from various external vendors.
TOGETHER WE ARE SAFER
Safety is a core value at GrainCorp. We are committed to a Zero Harm environment and we act consciously every day to keep ourselves and our co-workers safe.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume by October 5, 2017 to: