Regional Sales Rep – 2 POSITIONS OPEN - DMV (DC, Maryland, VA Metro Areas) and PHILLY/NJ
KRa Organic Sports DrinkApply for this Job
About KRa Organic Sports Drinks
KRa¯ started when three athlete - entrepreneurs asked themselves a simple question: why do athletes, who are so committed to taking care of their bodies, hydrate with sugary, chemical- filled sports drinks?
The answer? There were no better alternatives. But now there’s KRa¯ Organic Sports Drink.
At KRa, we manufacture, market and distribute an organic sports drinks. While the sports drink market is crowded, KRa is made of 100% clean ingredients. We use real fruit juices and electrolytes for optimal hydration without any artificial ingredients, dyes, flavors or preservatives. No ingredients you can’t pronounce. No additives that don’t belong.? Just real, good hydration. KRa is also socially conscious. Our giveback program, KRa for Play, supports disadvantaged youth athletics. KRa is quickly positioning itself to become a rapidly growing player in Conventional Grocery and other channels.
Regional Sales Rep – 2 POSITIONS OPEN - DMV (DC, Maryland, VA Metro Areas) and PHILLY/NJ:
Our Regional Sales Rep will be responsible for executing a sales plan for their territory. This role includes building strong relationships with existing brokers, distributors, merchandisers and retail partners. The position will be responsible for selling into headquarters and at the store level.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Present the brand and sales story to headquarter buyers for assigned accounts
- Identify promotional programs, secure commitments and ensure execution chain wide
- Build strong relationships at store and headquarter level so that KRa is the first brand considered for secondary placement throughout the store
- Identify and build relationships within the retailer’s vendor network (distributors, merchandisers, brokers, etc.)
- Secure and execute off shelf opportunities within assigned accounts
- Collaborate with Sales Analysts and Marketing Team to prepare for and present business reviews
- Ensure flawless execution of launches, promotions and secondary placements
- Expand distribution through positioning and added shelf facings within current retail partners
- Oversee and train assigned brokers and distributor sales reps
Store Level -
- Be the eyes and ears for the team in the market checking and reporting on:
- Distribution versus planogram
- Out of stock and inventory levels
- Pricing and promotion execution
- Display compliance
- Competitors pricing, promotion and distribution strategy
- New market entrants
- Competitor market activity
- Leverage insight from Category Management & Sales Support to elevate KRa’s presence on shelf
- Share data from the field with the rest of the team
- Develop relationships with influencers and decision makers at high-velocity retail locations
- Help team identify and execute demos in assigned accounts
- Build strong relationships with and train merchandising teams
- Identify and share opportunities across all channels
- Work with Marketing to assist with and coordinate demos, events, industry opportunities, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales Support & Analytics team to identify trends and opportunities for brand development within regions
- Actively participate in trade shows and customer shows
- Maintain excellent customer and KRa employee interdepartmental relationships
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in related field
- 2+ years of experience in retail sales and merchandising in the grocery industry
- Proven and successful track record
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company
- Problem-solver, ability to think on feet and find solutions on the fly
- Entrepreneurial spirit: self-starter, driven, ambitious, organized, friendly, team player
- Ideal to have established relationships with retailers within the region
- Knowledge of and passion for the brand and its category
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
- Has a home office and is able to work independently and remotely
- Has reliable transportation and valid drivers license and insurance
- Has access to personal computer and smart phone
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings - 90% of travel within region for sales calls and meetings; remaining 10% outside region for tradeshows, corporate meetings, etc.
- Proven integrity in life/employment and honesty in dealings with others
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Reside within the region being managed--must live near major airport
- Periodic Event related weekend work is required
- Can lift up to 35 lbs and stand for up to 5 hours.
Total Rewards Package: Base salary plus commission/incentives, opportunity to earn equity, car allowance, unlimited KRa, KRa gear and invaluable experience growing a company working with a fun, passionate team!