Regional Sales Manager
Sierra Nevada Brewing CoApply for Job
The Regional Sales Manager develops our sales team and leads our wholesaler management efforts in the Southern California Region. This position reports to the Director of Sales for the Western US and will work with the regional sales force to execute within the three tiers and realize Sierra Nevada’s full potential.
- Manages the Regional Account business with the goal of gaining new distribution and promotional activity through direct interaction with the regional sales team, our national account team and our key buyers and wholesalers
- Manages all wholesalers in the region with our existing sales team with the goal of increasing our share of mind and retail execution
- Develops and communicate programs, distribution updates, pricing and promotional activity to the Western Director of Sales, SNBCo sales force and our wholesalers
- Reports monthly business status to the Western Director of Sales including any issues, opportunities and progress vs. plans
- Tracks execution on all sales programs, including surveying chain stores for display and distribution execution
- Ensures that your team creates and maintains profiles for all top wholesalers
- Creates annual business plan for assigned region’s wholesalers
- Ensures that your team reports and manages all pricing communication within the three tiers- SNBC, our chains, and our wholesalers, i.e. post off schedules, price changes
- Participates in all national sales meetings.
- Coordinates and executes SNBC sales force trainings on how to execute within the various wholesalers and retail channels.
- Maintains market awareness, staying in touch with your team, our national account team, as well as our wholesaler partners and customers
- Operates within an established budget
- Processes and approves invoices, expenses and bill backs
- Manages the P & L for your region
- Operates within established state and federal liquor laws
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing (or equivalent experience) highly preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years beer/alcohol industry and sales management experience required
- Southern California Wholesaler/Supplier experience is highly preferred
- Successful background working in a team environment and managing people
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- In depth knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required
- Ability to effectively lead teams including motivation, training, and execution as well as successfully working with our sales team and wholesaler partners to meet Sierra Nevada performance standards
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals, including volume, distribution, and profitability
- Strong organization and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s history, culture and product
- Outstanding people development and leadership skills
- Solid strategic abilities with a demonstrated ability to grow a multi-million-dollar revenue business to the next level
- Excellent personnel management skills including motivational skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent sales skills
- Ability and desire to learn and challenge yourself professionally
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional exposure to outside elements
Possible exposure to second-hand smoke while working in on-premise establishments
Occasional exposure to refrigerated rooms
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily work in an out-of-office setting with long periods of sitting while driving (individually and as a passenger) or flying
While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear
Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Must be able to lift 35 pound cases without assistance and maneuver 168 pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics
- The successful candidate will be required to reside within a major market/metro area in Southern California if he/she does not already
- Extensive car and air travel required, including up to 15 nights/month overnight
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last five years
- Hours and days will vary according to business need, and will include nights and weekends
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check