Director of Operations
Revolution BrewingApply for Job
Revolution Brewery has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Director of Operations to oversee our wholesale operations. This senior position will be responsible for overseeing multiple production activities in the brewery including Logistics, Packaging, Quality Control, Engineering, Maintenance, and Facilities. The Director of Operations must enjoy solving complex puzzles, take pride and ownership, and be proactive in driving their team to succeed This position will be located at our production brewery in Chicago, IL.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Build a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and safety within the brewery by keeping lines of communication open and increasing accountability.
- Ensure that operations run efficiently by communicating clear objectives and creating systems that keep the distributor inventory fresh and in balance.
- Encourage cross-department collaboration and develop strategies that which facilitate and strengthen cross-departmental collaboration.
- Analyze operational data and current processes to maximize efficiency and cost savings.
- Work with department managers and HR to develop and improve Standard Operating Procedures and ensure proper training.
- Manage major projects to improve Operations from beginning to end.
- Collaborate with the CFO to develop and manage budgets for assigned departments including cost of goods sold, operating expenditures and capital expenditures. Own your budget.
- Monitor cost variances and report them to leadership in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales and Marketing in maintaining a strong relationship with our distributors, ensuring that new distributors are onboarded properly, and that our existing partners receive strong support.
- Work with Managing Partner and Brewery Process & Controls Engineer to plan and install new equipment and implement process improvements.
- Supervise and coach the Packaging, Logistics, QC, Engineering, Facilities, and Maintenance departments.
- Represent your departments at weekly Executive Committee meetings, and help guide company-wide direction.
- Oversee all Operations technology systems and future implementations.
- 10+ years of progressive experience managing operations in a manufacturing facility, with 5+ years management experience in food and beverages. A Master’s Degree and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A working knowledge of OSHA requirements and a proven track record of focus on building a safety culture.
- Strong Financial acumen and proven project manager.
- Prepare and administer large and complex budget
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, G Suite. Experience with online OSHA reporting systems and HRIS systems a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects.
This is a full-time salaried position with pay commensurate with experience. Revolution is a great place to work and offers an excellent benefits package including paid vacation, health and dental insurance, and a 401(k) with company match.