National Sales Director - Minister of Ambassador Commerce
The Republic of TeaApply for Job
• Develop, implement and achieve strategic sales plans, strategies, objectives, policies and procedures that conform to company’s revenue goals and strategic initiatives
• Evaluate product marketability in terms of customer needs.
• Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the company’s teas and industry trends.
• Work within T&E and promotional budget guidelines to build sales.
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals.
• Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
• Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Track sales performance against objectives and informs management of results
• May manage relationships with key customers
• Direct staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
• Lead and direct the work of regional sales managers and key customers on sales and advertising techniques.
• Integrate and coordinate lines of business with other departments including customer service, finance, and marketing
• Assign sales territory to regional sales managers.
• Represent company at tradeshows.
• Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Deliver sales presentations to key customers while maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Prepare quarterly sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion for the Strategic Leadership TEAm.
• Motivate and energize the sales regionals to make proactive decisions in all their communications.
• Assess the competitive landscape and institute changes to the sales program in response to competitors’ changes.
• Coordinate liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
• Perform a variety of tasks
New Business Development:
• Identify and pursue retailers and tea service purveyors new to The Republic of Tea to build sales in order to meet the strategic goals set annually.
• Develop sales proposals for potential customers.
• Build and deliver effective presentations to sales reps/brokers/customers.
• Direct Regional Sales Managers that manage and oversee a network of independent sales reps/brokers.
• Develop sales strategies and new-item initiatives for accounts.
• Establish and maintain working relationship with key customers and national retailers
• Determine customer satisfaction with products
• Work with regional sales managers, broker principals and reps in market place nationwide.
• Bachelor degree with at least 15 years of experience in the field
• A minimum of 10 years gourmet, natural or specialty food sales
• A minimum of 10 years broker management experience.
• A minimum of 10 years conventional distribution experience.
• A minimum of 5 years in a management position leading a team of employees.
• 75% domestic business travel and works from company’s Novato office or 1 day at home office per week.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• A proven track record of sales achievement in an upscale industry with a specialty brand sold direct.
• Tea retailing experience or natural and specialty retail experience strongly preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with demonstrated mastery of using PowerPoint to create effective sales presentations as well as Excel for data analysis
• Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written) including for use in public speaking and presenting to large groups.
• Experience using consumer insights, decision trees and syndicated data to tell impactful sales stories
• Successful implementation of a CRM system and strategy
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Strong analytical and tactical skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• 1P Experience with Amazon
• Proactive and self-motivated
• Highly adaptable
• Advocate of our brand
• Customer focused
• Loves sipping tea