Regional Sale Manager - Northeast
The Republic of TeaApply for Job
POSITION SUMMARY: The Minister of Northeast Commerce is responsible for managing a network of five broker groups who work directly with the leading retailers carrying The Republic of Tea’s teas. The Minister of Northeast Commerce will also manage key retailer relationships within the territory as well as for the company and look for opportunities to develop new relationships within the territory to increase tea sales nationwide.
New Business Development:
• Identify and pursue retailers and tea service purveyors new to The Republic of Tea to build sales in order to meet the strategic goals set annually.
• Develop sales proposals for potential customers.
• Build and deliver effective presentations to sales reps/brokers/customers.
• Manage and oversee a network of independent sales reps/brokers
• Train account staff and broker reps on category and teas
• Develop sales strategies and new-item initiatives for accounts.
• Establish and maintain working relationship with customers
• Determine customer satisfaction with products
• Conduct monthly, quarterly, annual reviews with brokers and maintain complete documentation
• Work with broker principals and reps in market place
• Manage and grow existing key accounts for the Company that fall within the territory
• Reports weekly on business development efforts via written and verbal reports
• Evaluate tea marketability in terms of customer needs.
• Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the teas and industry trends.
• Achieve company revenue goals and strategic initiatives
• Work within T&E and promotional budget guidelines
• Works remotely, and requires frequent business travel especially to key markets in territory including the following states: West Virginia, Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, Western Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.
• Bachelor degree with at least 5 years of experience in the field
• A minimum of 5 years gourmet, natural or specialty food sales
• A minimum of 5 years broker Management experience.
• 75% domestic business travel and works from home office 1 day per week.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• A proven track record of sales achievement in an upscale industry.
• Tea retailing experience or natural and specialty retailers experience strongly preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with demonstrated mastery of using PowerPoint to create effective sales presentations as well as Excel for data analysis
• Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical and tactical skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Proactive and self-motivated
• Advocate of our brand
• Customer focused
• Loves sipping tea