Area Sales Manager NYC, Long Island & Westchester County
S & H Independent Premium Brands EastApply for this Job
- Manage and Execute S & H Independent Premium Brands East Strategy to establish market focus in assigned territory and complete sales goals while aggressively pursuing new on and off-premise distribution in assigned territory
- Build strong relationships with the buyers at on-premise and off-premise accounts as well as all key personnel.
- Build strong working relationships with sales team and key personnel at distributor in assigned territory
- Actively work with distributor sales team and assist distributor personnel when necessary
- Communicate directly with distributor sales reps and managers to develop S & H Independent Premium Brands East portfolio of brands in the market
- Schedule 3 - 4 “ride withs” with distributor personnel per week. Remaining days are for follow-up, “cold calling”, required paperwork, etc.
- Schedule and attend promotional events, such as samplings, promo nights, beer dinners, Oktoberfest/Festival events, etc. in assigned territory
- Manage and execute all administrative responsibilities in a timely manner
- Utilize VIPiDig to monitor distribution by segment, volume, key accounts, etc.
- Utilize distributor eoStar and Lillypad software to track accounts and daily activity
- Must be proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
- Must reside in New York City
- Must be a motivated, charismatic with a selfish starting personality
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- 2-3 Years of sales experience with a wholesaler/distributor or beer retailer/restaurant.
- Working knowledge of the beer industry and wholesaler operations
- Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative
- A high level of organization, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence others decision making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior through superior skill and knowledge of all our beers and the craft beer community
- Relationship Value- Ability to build strong relationships of brand value with wholesalers, accounts, and customers and utilizes to grow the business in measurable ways.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- The ability to relate and communicate to a vast array of people.