San Francisco and South Bay Market Manager
Ninkasi Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Department: Sales Job Grade: N/A Supervisor: Southwest Regional Manager Classification: Exempt
Leads and coordinates functions to create and manage distributor partnerships, obtain sales, secure new business accounts and service the needs of the existing sales accounts within the San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Cruz and Monterey areas.
At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- Quality output in everything we do.
- Creative pursuit of mastery.
- Integrity in our actions.
- Successful integration of work and life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct sales campaigns in existing and new territories with Ninkasi products visiting 8-10 customers daily, and working closely with the following partners: Matagrano, DBI San Jose, and Couch.
- Work closely with distribution partners and:
- Achieve pre-determined monthly and yearly sales objectives
- Conduct wholesaler business reviews
- Attend General Sales Meetings
- Manage inventory
- Develop sales incentives with wholesalers
- Educate their staff
- Complete ride-withs
- Primary focus of the position is account driven, on and off premise.
- Responsible for the planning, attending and executing of special events as needed.
- Follow the company policies for price quotations and availability of product to customers.
- Facilitate product sales on selected items/brands within a pre-determined period.
- Familiarize established accounts with new products and developments.
- Develop new accounts through cold-calling on prospective new customers and by working with the distributor generated target list.
- Plan, design, and conduct educational product presentations, such as, tastings to promote a new product or to present new promotional opportunities to customers.
- Provide reporting on job activity/performance as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, a weekly report on sales activities, monthly commission report, and monthly expense account report.
- Investigate customers’ complaints to ensure resolution of product delivery and pricing accuracy.
- Responsible for timely response (within 24 hours) on all communications within the company or with outside business sources.
- Remain knowledgeable on competitive products, promotional matters, sales techniques, pricing and marketing policies. Inform management of competitive activity and conditions that would affect company interests.
- Perform all related duties to setting-up, attending, and regulating nighttime bar promotions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent.
- Experience: 2-5 years in a similar or related field.
- Qualified candidates must be familiar with all or some of the responsible territories: San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Cruz and Monterey.
- The successful candidate will be required to reside in California, preferably in San Francisco.
- Access to reliable transportation (i.e. car, van or truck) is essential. Employee must also have valid driver’s license and appropriate levels of insurance coverage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh roughly 165 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Employee will most likely spend ample time in a car, their home and/or accounts. The noise levels will vary based on location. This position will also require flexible hours which will sometimes include nights and weekends in a bar atmosphere.
Compensation and Benefits
Ninkasi Brewing Company offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and may include health/vision insurance, monthly merchandise credit, 401k & profit sharing bonus opportunities, paid time off, and a company smart phone. Benefit eligibility is dependent on job classification and hours worked. Complete details are outlined in the Ninkasi Employee Handbook.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.