Retail Wine Sales Representative
Pine State BeverageApply for Job
Retail Wine Sales Representative: Lewiston/Auburn, Maine
The Retail Wine Sales Representative is responsible for achieving product distribution and volume sales goals at assigned accounts through sales, merchandising and service efforts. The Retail Wine Sales Representative is also responsible for compliance of company policies in all areas impacted by the sales department within the assigned route.
- Plan, develop and present to customers effective strategies to increase sales.
- Understand competition’s strategy and develop a plan to outperform the competition.
- Execute weekly/monthly ad features in a timely manner using relevant POS and securing competitive floor display locations.
- Initiate and execute cooler/shelf resets to maximize sales and distribution.
- Verify facings and product pricing regularly to ensure accuracy, maintain distribution and maximize sales. Communicate pricing discrepancies immediately to Sales Supervisor and Chain Account Manager.
- Organize back stock inventory at accounts and work to floor on a weekly basis.
- Review inventory at all accounts. Write orders to maintain effective product levels.
- Pack out deliveries as required.
- Monitor vintage dates and label changes and rotate product as required.
- Enhance appearance of all products through effective product merchandising, shelf maintenance and strategic placement of POS material.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with owners and buying personnel at accounts.
- Review non-buy account list regularly. Work with appropriate personnel to secure new business through closure of account and distribution voids.
- Resolve Customer complaints professionally and in a timely manner. Utilize assistance from Sales Supervisor or other Company personnel as necessary.
- Assist Customer Service as needed in a timely, professional manner.
- Submit all monies collected from deliveries in a timely manner according to established guidelines.
- Collect for bad checks. Work with Sales Supervisor and Credit Manager to make arrangements for problem accounts.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all changes in account status (delivery date, ownership, license information) and any other pertinent developments within the assigned territory.
- Adhere to account call frequency and sequence to ensure customer satisfaction.
Position Responsibilities Continued:
- Transmit and verify daily orders in accordance with established guidelines to ensure Company’s operational efficiency.
- Complete and submit incentive tracking sheets, photos, comment sheets and other paperwork on or before deadline.
- Write credits for damaged items and/or shipment errors within authority as per established company guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Valid Maine driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Physical ability to lift, pack out, inventory and order product on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of consumer sales, retail trade, sales and strategic marketing in the beverage industry.
- Demonstrated business math skills.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Time-management skills and ability to work independently.
- Commitment to quality customer service and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed, including weekends.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Regular and sustained periods of physical exertion requiring ability to lift, carry and position objects using proper body mechanics.
- Significant period of time spent in a vehicle, traveling to accounts within assigned territory.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.