Constellation Brands Lead Field Sales Manager
DBI Beverage San FranciscoApply for this Job
This is NOT an entry level position.
Highly unique and challenging position currently available at one of the West Coast’s largest beverage wholesalers. This high profile position will be the driving leader behind the US’s #1 import beer as well as a white-hot craft brewer.
Beer, wine or spirits industry experience is required as well as a knowledge of and ability to apply sales strategies (e.g., pricing execution, merchandising, On & Off-premise promotions, special event management and internal sales team incentive programming) used in the efficient execution of local marketing & sales plans.
The Constellation Brands Lead Field Sales Manager must possess a unique blend of marketing and sales aptitude, leadership and motivation skillsets, a distinct strength in selling and closing local retailers, a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality at street level. This job is different from the conventional brand position in that you will be directly involved with the creation of the annual localized brand plan AND be responsible for its execution. You must enjoy spending a majority of your time in the market to understand San Francisco’s beer dynamics, establish relationships and develop and implement successful go-to-market programs. This position will be the internal and external brand champion for the entire Constellation Brands and Ballast Point portfolios. This blue chip brand portfolio consists of powerhouse brands like Modelo, Corona, Pacifico, Victoria, Sculpin IPA, Longfin, Big Eye, Bonito and others.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Broaden key account relationships by conducting and managing On-Premise evening promotions. He/She will also be expected to assist in the execution of weekend special events that expose the portfolio to hundreds of thousands of potential adult consumers.
- Work closely with inventory managers on brand forecasting, SKU maintenance, new item authorization, post off & tactical pricing issues and inventory flow.
- Develop creative “clutter-busting” sales team incentive programs that generate impressive volume lift and/or distribution placements. Establish and meet monthly distribution, and merchandising goals.
- Conduct ride-along “power sell” audits or “appointment drives” with Division Managers and Sales Account Managers to ensure sales performance, brand management and distribution program accomplishment.
- Manage the Constellation Sales Team comprised of a Team Field Sales Manager handling both On and Off premise accounts.
- Maintain strong relationships with District Sales Managers, Category Management, Draft Department, and other Unit Managers.
- 4+ years in-depth field sales/marketing experience within the beer, spirits or wine industry. This may be with a wholesaler, brewery, distiller, winery, retailer or importer.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and compliance with Federal and State regulations concerning the sale and promotion of alcoholic beverages.
- Passion for the beverage alcohol industry as well as knowledge of the three-tier system.
- This position requires a 25/75% work week split between office and in-field selling and motivating. The position’s schedule is not oriented to an “8-5” time slot. Flexibility in both understanding and reacting to market opportunities which arise in the business is paramount to your success in the position.
- Ability to interact and enjoy a diverse number of personalities while working in a fast paced, dynamic and demanding environment. Must have exceptional “people skills” and a genuine desire to both market and sell beer.
- Proven leadership, selling, organizational and communication skills. Proven ability to plan, set and achieve goals.
- Public speaking and business presentation skills should be one of your strengths. .
- Need creative “out of the keg” mindset. Must have a “spark plug” personality and ability to “shift into 5th gear” when needed.
- Present a professional image in appearance, words, and actions. Able to professionally represent DBI Beverage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with emphasis in management or business preferred, or equivalent related experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Cicerone Level 1 certification a plus or secure certification within 90 days of hire.
- Must have a personal vehicle to travel throughout the market with a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds
- Must be over age 21.
If you are tired of your current environment and meet the above criteria then send us your resume. The San Francisco Bay Area has long been regarded as one of the finest areas to live in and is home to a wide range of interests from the 49ers, Raiders, A’s, Giants and Warriors to Alcatraz, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Chinatown, Muir Woods, Mt. Tam, Fisherman’s Wharf/Pier 39, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Seldom do opportunities arise for passionate Field Marketing Team Leaders to practice/perfect their trade in the largest and most dynamic food and beverage market in the US. This is truly a fun and challenging position with a company that rewards top performers.
ONLY CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL BE RESPONDED TO.DBI Beverage San Francisco is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer