Assistant Brewer/Production Assistant
Ginger's RevengeApply for this Job
Ginger’s Revenge is a craft brewery and tasting room located just north of downtown Asheville in the RAMP Studios. We intend to be a force for good, to inspire imagination, and to have fun.
About the position:
We are looking for someone who is excited to work with a small but growing team and to be on the ground floor of a new brewery. Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years professional experience in the production of two or more of the following: beer, wine, spirits, cider, kombucha, soda, other non-alcoholic beverages. Candidates ideally have experience with brewing, fermentation, and packaging. Experience using Ekos Brewmaster software is a plus.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist with production on 15 bbl brew system, including processing ingredients and blending
• Run CIP and SIP on 15 bbl brew system, fermenters, and brite tanks
• Assist with plant cleaning and maintenance
• Brew pilot batches on 1/2 bbl brew system
• Assist with packaging operations (kegging and/or bottling experience required)
• Assist with other tasks as needed, including receiving/counting inventory, warehousing, attending events, and making deliveries
• Positive attitude
• Fast learner with a desire to develop new skills
• Organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
• Strong note-taking and documentation skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a growing team
• A tenacious and awe-inspiring ability to clean and organize
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Physical demands include, but are not limited to: frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift and move up to 150 lbs; ability to handle chemicals and machinery in a safe manner; and ability to remain on feet for long periods of time
• Clean driving record
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your compensation requirements, your availability to start, and tell us about one of the most unusual or creative beverages you’ve ever made. Applications received before October 31st, 2017 will be given preference. Ideally this person will start by early November 2017. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. Thank you for your interest!